Turn-Based Multiplayer Suggestions

Hi, I would like to implement “Challenges” button in my new game.
When you touch the button, you can challenge to a Friend or Random player with the method turn-based. For example, I challenge the player ‘nick123’. Then I play the game, I lose the game and I’ve score 50 points.

Then, is the ‘nick123’ turn. A push notification should be notified to his device, and he could play his turn when he want. When he plays, he should overcome 50 points, if yes, he won the challenge, else, he lost.

When both players finish the game, the challenge finish. So, it’s a turn-based mulplayer, not real-time multiplayer. I would like to manage facebook authentication for challenges, and manage a challenge history’s of each player.

Ok, what’s the best way to do it?
I read about this tools:

• Photon (Is free? I would like something free)
  • Playfab (I should paid it if the game becomes viral, right?)
  • Firebase real-time database (is noSQL and I should paid it if the game becomes viral)
  • Appwarp (I should paid it if the game becomes viral, right?)
  • Create my own HTTP API Rest

I would like to work with a relational SQL Database (that’s the reason because firebase isn’t my option). I would not like it either create my own HTTP API Rest because i would be reinventing the wheel…

Thanks

In my opinion, firebase real-time database is good for the turn-based.

It’s not relation DB, but check its Query class. You will be able to do almost all the kind of things which you can do with relational DB.

Is a good solution but I want a relational database.
I’m evaluating this PHP/MySQL API:

I share it, maybe someone is interested.

1 Like