Turn based multiplayer game with Cocos2d-x/Appwarp or Corona SDK/Photon Cloud

Hi everyone,

I’m really new at mobile development so if you find something irrational about my question please warn me.

Basically the application will have a room logic; every room will be formed with 2 people and just like any simple board game, players will do moves turn by turn. I want it to be compatible with several platforms like iOS, Android, Blackberry and both Cocos2d-x and Corona SDK can provide this. The problem is i’m not sure which one to choose, i researched a lot about this matter but still couldn’t decide which one to choose.

To give you an idea about the application, here is the feature list:

• User can invite someone(from their Facebook/Twitter/Contacts) to game or can enter a random room with a stranger
  • In the future there will be a chat in game or after game
  • If you make your move and your opponent is not online he/she will receive a push notification about it
  • There will be daily/weekly/monthly score boards
  • You can exit from the game anytime you want and your progress will stay
  • User can be in multiple rooms at the same time but only in one he/she will be online
  • It’s gonna be in 2D and interface is gonna be just simple.

I know there is no certain answer for this question but please share your experiences and thoughts with me.

Thanks for reading, please ask me anything that i forgot to mention.

For turn based Multiplayer you can use cocos2dx and appwarp.

Room logic is not provided by appwarp for turn based games. You start a game with your facebook friend or any random player. But you can write some match making algorithm or categorise by yourself.

User can invite someone(from their Facebook/Twitter/Contacts) to game or can enter a random room with a stranger - Invite Facebook friends to play. (For twitter and contacts you can send invitation messages to them to download and join the game)
In the future there will be a chat in game or after game (you can send messages to other player, it will go in push notfication, for real time chat messaging you have to use appwarp realtime multiplayer engine, but it can be done.)
If you make your move and your opponent is not online he/she will receive a push notification about it - Yes
There will be daily/weekly/monthly score boards - You can use appwarp leaderboard.
You can exit from the game anytime you want and your progress will stay - Yes (States of running game can be saved on appwarp server)
User can be in multiple rooms at the same time but only in one he/she will be online - You can play multiple users at the same time.
It’s gonna be in 2D and interface is gonna be just simple. - For 2D interface cocos2dx is best solution.

@fehim

Hi,

You should definitely have a look at Nuggeta, this seems to be a perfect match.

Short story of Nuggeta features :

• Social Features

• social hub (google+/facebook/twitter) :
      you don’t have to know how to integrate each sdk into each platform, Nuggeta do this for you and give you a single api to login , retrieve your friends , challenge them to play from any of these social networks.
    • leaderboards with periods
    • achievements : standard, and progress achievement
    • In Game chat
    • etc…
  • Cloud data :
    Save any of your data progress across devices to the cloud.

• Multiplayer :

• Realtime multiplayer
    • Turn-Based api
    • Asynchronous Game support : your GameState is automatically saved , so you can’t exit the game and come back later.
    • etc…

and a strong typed API, that you can customize through our developer portal.

Have a look :

http://developer.nuggeta.com

Hi,

You can Use AppWarp. AppWarp supports both Cocos 2D-x and corona. So AppWarp can be a good option for you.

More over AppWarp already has rooms, lobby, etc logic. And it also comes preloaded with Turn Based APIs. You can use Shephertz’s App42 service along with AppWarp. App42 will enable you to send push notification. It will also allow you to store data using their Storage Service. App42 also support Leaderboards.

Thanks