Tons Of Bullets. 2D retro pixel art platformer

Hi all!

I’m an indie game developer involved in my next tittle. I create this devlog to share the progress of my personal project.

Here’s a trailer of the current state of the game:

youtuve video

“Tons Of Bullets” is a indie platformer game where you control a tiny ninja.

The game mixes a low res pixel art retro look with modern and awesome 2D effects like fluids, god rays, soft shadows…

The game is still in development and it will be available for mobile devices (iOS, Android), macOS, Linux and Windows.

The game is being developed using only open source software and uses cocos2dx as game engine.

Features:

Frenetic gameplay.
Great touch controls
Gamepad support
Stealth mechanics
Vehicles
Different weapons
Inventory system
Puzzles
Scripted cut scenes
Rope physics
Final bosses
A lot of actions like carry/push crates, swimg, double jump…
Jetpack
Night vision
Teleports
Destructible objects

I’ll post more info here and in my personal blog:

dev blog

twitter

Cheers!

1 Like

Very nice! was reading about your game today somewhere on the web …
any way the links to your dev blog and twitter doesn’t work

Thanks, I’ve fixed the problem and the links now work properly

@jalfonsosm
Is it out ? can i test it ?

It’s in development. I estimate that I would need at least two months more in order to have a beta version.

Nice work. Why don’t you ping me and lets interview you for our blog and newsletter.

Looks pretty cool. Did you use the physics for all movement or write your own platforming movement code? Other’s have asked on the forums, so it’d be nice to get an additional data-point. Thanks.

Thanks a lot for your comments!!!

Regarding the movement, I use box2d. I have a modified version that implements some vector methods using xeon intrinsics in order to speed up the physics computations. Its hard to tweak all the physics values to get the desired movement and response but my game uses a lot of physics effects like vehicles, destructible objects/debrises, fluids…

1 Like

“Tons of Bullets” has been published. A game created only by one guy is being featured by apple in different countries. Thanks cocos team for your great engine!

Congrats on the release! I bet it feels great to have your game featured by Apple.

That is awesome work man. Art work especially blurry effect background looks nice with pixel art. :slight_smile:
Have you used Box2d lights for lights? :stuck_out_tongue:

I am also working on my cocos game to publish on play store in 1-2 months.

And it’s good to know that your game is featured by Apple. Can you plz tell some things which helped you to get featured, so it might help me to remember few things as it would be my 1st to-be published game. :blush:

1 Like

This looks fantastic, no surprise you got featured. Best of luck with the game, I hope it does well.

Thanks a lot guys!

Regarding the shadow effect, yes I use box2d for the ray casting calculations.

@catch_up luck with your project !.

I have worked with a great publisher in the last months. These guys have been working in everything related with marketing. A publisher can help you a lot and your project would be more discoverable

1 Like

Hey its looks like really great game , love the pixel graphic style
did you consider to make lite version ?