Tmx size - Tiled, maximum?

Hi,

I’m working on another game, which is an rpg style game using Tiled, what is the maximum size of importing a tmx file without giving me problems for both web / desktop / mobile export ( ios / android ) platforms. Right now, my tmx map size is 6400 x 6400..Is there a limit, before it starts to give me issues concerning gameplay…Would appreciate any help info…Thanks and God Bless…

Sincerely,

Sunday

Hey, max is 128 x 128 tiles (16384TILES, not pixels). While one tile can be choosed by youself (well tested with 1 tile size of 80x80 PX), normally people tend to use 16x16 px or 32x32 px . I would suggest doing in smaller chunks combining rooms one to eachother, instead one big tile, since my guess you are using RPG game for top view?

Also I noticed that tiles work horrible with bigger maps (often artifical lines occur when moving camera/node, but in static looks totally fine). Tested even like 300x10 tiles with 80x80px and there were still sometimes Artiffial line (hard to notice, if game has some effects, probably some rounding error causing it, but I don’t want to add all the sprites into child in order to “fix” this issue).

I hope this information will help you (well atleast some of it) :smiley:

Hi @Dinamix

Thanks for the info, much appreciated it…:slight_smile: God Bless…

Sincerely,

Sunday