Thoughts on porting to the future?

For the past few years I have been patiently waiting for someone smarter than myself to put OpenGL in a browser. A few years ago I got my wish and WebGL was born. However it came with a the sacrifice of having the limitations of JavaScript. Thus it is hard to hide/protect your code, as well as runs much slower than native c/c**. I played with WebGL for a while, but decided that a better solution would come along eventually. Finally Google has granted that wish with the “Native Client SDK”, and the world has OpenGL ES support in browser executed in native c/c**. Any thoughts on getting cocos2d-x up and running on this platform?

For those who are interested, but have not been following its creation, check the link below.
[[http://code.google.com/chrome/nativeclient/]]

Did you mean chrome?

It’s currently being introduced in the next version of chrome, but google has stated that they will be releasing it as a plugin for other browsers.

It sounds good. I think it is a good way to run cocos2d-x on browser, it is better than cocos2d-javascript.

I am looking forward to the browser version as well.
I think if you have time you could try to port it to browser by yourself.
I once manage to port it to linux, it is not very difficult, since the structure is suitable to port.
wish you success.