Testin Crash Analytics - A NEW Cocos service!

How any dev would include this scam-ware in their game is beyond me.
You automatically include phone-home stuff for the DRM stuff alone.
Rely on user feedback and proper testing before wasting your money on this scam.

Why not use Hockapp webSite

It have same feature and more cheap.

To me, payed plugins is the beginning of the end.
It starts with one thing, and before you know it, the basic free/open source part is super barebone, and to do anything more with it, you need to pay.

Donations is one thing, as they are voluntary contributions… This is something completely different… it sets a precedent.

Also, comments like “A reasonable developer makes more than $1200 in a 40/hour work week” alienates over 80% of your user base. It doesn’t help the community in any way…

I’m just trying to put the cost into perspective in a manner that I think most developers can understand/relate to. Nothing more.

Here are my thoughts:

The announcement looks like a press release and not something that developers will read.
I think announcements should describe the benefits of using the XXX, YYY and ZZZ.
I discussed this with @slackmoehrle and he will edit it soon describing the benefits of Testin pacakge for cocos2d-x. Of course, if you are not interested in using Testin at all, then this announcement could be ignored.

As a game developer myself (or kind of), I welcome any service and/or product that will help me develop my game faster or easier. If it is free great, if it is not I might use it or not… It will depend on the price.
Regarding Testin, $1200 per year might be too expensive for some game developers, specially indie/long tail game developers (and it is totally understandable). But for other users, it could be something worth having. eg: if you have a successful game on the store, investing in a crash report tool could be very useful.

Regarding offering commercial tools or services on top of cocos2d-x, I really want to offer that.
The way I see is like this:

• Let’s say there is a great commercial tool or service (let’s say GAF, or Spine or whatever)… if that tool or service could be available for cocos2d-x users in a convenient package, or at a discount price , or something like that… then, why not?

In particular, I want to create an ecosystem of tools and services around cocos2d-x. An ecosystem where 3rd party developers could offer their own tools or services.
Let’s say that a user creates an advanced particle editor that requires its own extension to cocos2d-x… then if that user wants to offer that to the community (either for free or paid), then he should be able to do that easily.
Currently we are working on:

• package manager (be able to install different packages from a server… think of apt-get, or npm, or brew)
  • “bundle” (or framework) manager: add/remove extensions to your cocos2d-x game easily… (facebook integration, or the “advanced cocos2d-x feature created by 3rd party developer”, or something else)
    We still need to work other parts, but at least these 2 things are going to be a good foundation.

my 2 cents.

Am I right in reading that the limited “Basic” plan is in fact free forever and it is just the trial of the “Pro” plan that is limited to 30 days?

I have to say that I’m all for services like this, especially when it is (supposedly - I haven’t tried out Testin yet, but I plan to) so easy to configure.

I’m verifying all the information and questions asked in this thread with those that are in charge of the service. I will post follow-up soon.

OK, I posted an UPDATE that I hope clarifies everything. This comes directly from those in charge.

If you have any questions or concerns, please, let’s talk about them!

Thanks for clarifying!

Now we are talking figures :smile:

Hi everyone,

I am trying to integrate Testin Crash Logging into my Cocos2D-x project that has been setup using Cocos framework. I am following these guides: http://cocos.itestin.com/help/doc/12/24#JavaScript and http://cocos.itestin.com/help/doc/12/23#JavaScript.

However, I cannot find the cocos2d_js_bindings.xcodeproj (iOS) and am unsure which Android.mk file I need to edit (Android). It seems the guide is outdated for usage with Cocos framework (that uses prebuilt libraries)?

Can someone explain / help me how to do the integration?

Thanks in advance…

Kind regards,
Wouter Martens

Please email testincrashanalytics@cocos.com
for support

Ok… I will do so ;-). Thanks for your response.