Supporting IPv6-only Networks

@dbest - can you tell me the exact text that Apple provided when they rejected?

@zhangxm I can submit a new build of my game using v3.11.1 and see what happens.

• 1 PERFORMANCE: APP COMPLETENESS
      Performance - 2.1

We were unable to review your app as it still crashed on launch. We have attached detailed crash logs to help troubleshoot this issue.

Next Steps

Please revise your app and test it on a device to ensure it will launch without crashing.

Apps are reviewed on an IPv6 network. Please ensure that your app supports IPv6 networks, as IPv6 compatibility is required.

For additional information about supporting IPv6 Networks, please refer to Supporting IPv6 DNS64/NAT64 Networks and Supporting IPv6-only Networks.

For a networking overview, please see About Networking.

Resources

For information on how to symbolicate and read a crash log, please see Tech Note TN2151 Understanding and Analyzing iPhone OS Application Crash Reports.

If you have difficulty reproducing this issue, please try testing the workflow described in Testing Workflow with Xcodeā€™s Archive feature.

If you have code-level questions after utilizing the above resources, you may wish to consult with Apple Developer Technical Support. When the DTS engineer follows up with you, please be ready to provide:

• complete details of your rejection issue(s)
  • screenshots
  • steps to reproduce the issue(s)
  • symbolicated crash logs - if your issue results in a crash log

I can upload the crash file if needed.

Hey any luck with this?

@slackmoehrle any update on this matter? My update is pending for a few days now.

I donā€™t have an update. Let us ask @zhangxm if he has anything.

@dbest10 i donā€™t have any update too. As i mentioned in another thread, it may caused by CURL bug, and i am waiting new CURL version.

@slackmoehrle I also wait your result too. Have your submitted your app?

I use cocos2dx-3.3.
Iā€™m update cocos2dx version to v3.10 , v3.11 ( curl and websockets folders ).
but, Rejectā€¦

Is it necessary to add new classes to network folder? ( ex. HttpClient-apple.mm )

I saw the v3.12 reply to curl issue.

I using the ip of ipv4 format.
So what have received the reject?

This curl problem solved?

plz help 8慅8

@GwangSeok it seems it is fixed in CURL repo, but CURL havenā€™t released a new version include the fix.

@GwangSeok are you using any sdkbox plugins? I am facing a similar issue and maybe we can help isolate it has anything to do with core cocos2dx or sdkbox

@dbest10 Unfortunately, I do not use the sdkbox.
Now, Iā€™m only expecting to update of the curl.

I have submitted it and it uses v101 of the deps.

@GwangSeok - Thanks for your response.

So using cocos2dx, iOS are not supported at the moment. Thats gotta be huge.

@slackmoehrle told me that his new app is approved by Apple.

Thats great! Any ideas, how we can fix ours then?

@dbest10 the bad news is that @slackmoehrle doesnā€™t use any network codes, such as CURL or libwebsocket, so he will add codes use them and submit again.

Iā€™m re-submitting today.

Really hoping for a solution here, else we cannot use cocos2d-x for iOS anymore.

@dbest10 since CURL havenā€™t released a new version, i will try to apply the fixing commit myself to have a test. After doing that, could you please help to test it?

the author of CURL said, new version will be released in July 21.

I suppose itā€™s better to wait till that date then as itā€™s less than one week.