Support new iPad now

The latest codes on github support new iPad now.
You can enable retina on iPad simulator/device, engine will load xxx-ipadhd.png if it exits, it will load xxx-ipad.png if it is not there.

Example code

CCDirector::sharedDirector()->enableRetinaDisplay(true);

// if can enable retina, loading sequence: 1.xxx-ipadhd.png 2. xxx-ipad.png 3. xxx.png
// if can not enable retina, loading sequence: 1. xxx-ipad.png 2. xxx.png
CCSprite *pSprite = CCSprite::spriteWithFile(xxx.png);

Guys, please update codes and test the new feature.

Hi.

The sequence when retina is enabled shouln´t be 1.xxx-ipadhd.png 2. xxx-ipad.png 3. xxx-hd.png 4. xxx.png ?

Check 1, 2 and 4 for iPad devices, 3 and 4 for iPhone and iPod?

Thanks.

Jose

I am sorry, I made a mistake.
iPad

enable retina

1. xxx-ipadhd.png 2. xxx-ipd.png 3. xxx.png

not enable retina

1. xxx-ipad.png 2. xxx.png

iPhone and iPod

enable retina

1. xxx-hd.png 2. xxx.png

not enable retina
xxx.png

Hi.

For iPad, in retina mode, isn´t this the correct search sequence?

1. xxx-ipadhd.png 2. xxx-ipad.png 3. xxx-hd.png 4. xxx.png

If not found the iPad specific image, would be nice to try to load the HD before trying the regular one.

Thanks

Jose

hd is used for iphone retina as previous version did.
Because
iphone version find the file like this way, and x will keep the same meaning asiphone version.

May be your suggestion is correct.
We will discuss it if we will do it like this.

Thank you.

mark first

My experience:

We have two targets for each device - ipad and iphone. Each of it has own graphics non HD (without suffix) and HD (with hd suffix). But each device has different source graphics so I do not needipad or -ipadhd suffixes. The main problem is that TexturePacker does not support this so it is complications.

I overrided suffixiPad andsuffixiPadRetinaDisplay for now and the problem was solved.

Jiri

This should also work with the CCSpriteFrameCache, CCSpriteBatchNode and other similar objects right?