Stuttering movement and black screen on macOS 10.14 Mojave and Cocos2d-X 3.17

I just updated to macOS 10.14 Mojave and Cocos2d-X 3.17. My game runs, but shows a black screen when the game boots. Buttons and sound work behind the black screen. If I move the window, the graphics will show.

The next issue is stuttering movement/animation. It seems like the framerate is fine, but everything moves with a little bit stuttering. I have tested a clean HelloWorld build, and the issues are the same.

1 Like

Hmm, and I just went to download it, now stop! Need more info :slight_smile: What hardware you on?

Interesting. I haven’t tried 10.14 and v3.17 yet. Perhaps I need to upgrade and do some testing. It is a huge download, over 6gb.

Same here, just updated on my macbook air mid 2012.
Stuttering not an issue for me, but I do get the black screen.
The black screen remains until I move the window, then the game renders fine.
I’m on 3.15.01

1 Like

I am using a MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2013)

Yup me too

@drelaptop what do you think?

I wrote about it earlier, without any reactions: Xcode 10 (and CLion) -> black screen. It’s the same issue.

Same here! This should be fixed ASAP!
@drelaptop @zhangxm could you please take a look?

Ok, we will take a look ASAP.

1 Like

me too, black screen with Mojave and cocos2d-x 3.17. Only screen will show when move the application window.

@jtapps Thanks. We know about this and there is a GitHub issue tracking it.

It is an issue of macOS10.14 + Xcode 10, the corresponding issue is :https://github.com/cocos2d/cocos2d-x/issues/19080. There is a hack to fix it.

I have the same problem after update MacOS 14 Mojave,Whats more,The same is true on Android 7.0 devices.

So,while will Adnroid Devices be affected?