Strange bug regarding resources and runtime compiled in Release mode

Hi all

I’m writing because i came across a strange behaviour when loading resources in a runtime compiled in release mode using xcode.
I was getting blackscreens (but everything worked fine in debug mode) and i found out it was because i was loading some resources and misspeling capital letters. For example loading the resource “Title.png” using the code cc.Sprite:create( “title.png” ) will work when the runtime is compiled in debug mode but i’ll get a black screen when the runtime is compiled in release mode (notice the capital ‘T’). I don’t get any error message, just a black screen.
This happens when i compile for Mac and for iOS

Is this normal?
It would be nice to have consistent behaviour on both release and debug mode, and even better yet, an error message.

Thanks!! :wink:

I’m writing here because i just had the same error, this time with V3.3. The bug is still here but this time worst, because Code IDE won’t copy the source files when running the runtime compiled in release mode. This makes everything so much harder because i have to change the code in Code IDE and then compile in XCode in release mode to see if it made any difference. Then repeat until i find the error. This will take me many hours… :\