Sounds performance degradation

anyone had experienced the same issue? For some reason by just playing a sound effect, it drops the FPS down…

Yes, maybe it was caused by operation system.
Because playing a sound needs system resource.

glaksmono wrote:

anyone had experienced the same issue? For some reason by just playing a sound effect, it drops the FPS down…

I wonder: what are your system/device specs? What browser (and version) are you using?

@ZippoLag I’m on iPhone 5

@ludingping is there an issue being tracked to improve this performance?

@ludingping there is apparently preloadEffect function from SimpleAudioEngine.js, cc.AudioEngine.getInstance().preloadEffect(…)

and apparently that is not executed as part of cc.LoaderScene.preload, which I thought is odd… is there a plan to integrate preloadEffect as part of the LoaderScene.preload? Wondering if there’s an issue ticket already, otherwise I’ll make one :slight_smile:

@ludingping Actually LoaderScene.preload has already been using preloadSound when it’s detecting a SOUND file… then it should be working, any thoughts what might cause the “performance degradation”?

It’s not until confirmed to be an issue, I have iPhone 5 too and everything works smoothly, can you be more specific or a test page would be very appreciated

For a assembled loader, we are working on it for the version 3.0, then all loading process will be occupied by one class

@glaksmono

Maybe your game is a critical point of performance, if you plays sound, the FPS is down.
I propose that improve your game’s performance.

Hopes to help.
David