Sound on cocos 2dx

Hi

I am trying to play some sound on my game and according to this tutorial [[http://www.cocos2d-x.org/projects/cocos2d-x/wiki/Chapter_6*-*How_to_Play_Music_and_Sound_Effect]] i just have to use:

CocosDenshion::SimpleAudioEngine::sharedEngine()->playEffect("path_to_effect");

It is not working on windows, but it works on my android device (with very low volume). I tried setting the volume to max…no changes.

I use windows 7(64 bits).

Whenever the application calls the function this is shown on the output console:

'myApp.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\mciwave.dll', Symbols loaded (source information stripped).
The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0xc1c) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
'myApp.exe': Unloaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\mciwave.dll'

Any tip to fix this on windows and fix the volume issue on android is appreciated.

Another question i have is related to recording sound. From what i have seen there is no way to do this at the moment on cocos2dx,
but i need this for the game i want to make (record and playback later). How can i achieve this?…what tools can help me with this?

Thanks in advance

Adding:

to AndroidManifest.xml on android project will fix the volume issue.

Now i only need a heads up on how to record sound and make the sound work on windows

you will probably have to write your own wrapper to communicate with the system audio functions to record sound.

vamsi krishna veligatla wrote:

you will probably have to write your own wrapper to communicate with the system audio functions to record sound.

how ? can anybody give some suggestion? demo best ………