Some weird bug, please help. [Android]

I have a game that is nearly a release stage and I have a weird problem with Android version of it.

In one of the screens I have a sprite with a physics body (circle) assign to it.
Collision bitmask and all related things are set properly and everything runs good on iOS version.

But on Android I have a strange bug that happens sometimes (not always!), game is running but that sprite with physics body doesn’t appears on the screen.

I have no clue what can be a reason for this… really… :disappointed:

Cocos2d-x v3.8.1

Please tell us more details, e.g : some code that you implemented or anything clues. Your description is too general.

If your refer to this: Cocos2d-x v3.8.1 Physics Problem it has been solved in cocos2d-x 3.9 version.

Thanks, @anieduard!

I guess that’s exactly the bug I have. (As I’m using scene transition and add some sprites with physics bodies on init).

Can you point me to a fixed part of the code in cocos2d-x 3.9 version so I can take it from there and merge with my version? I don’t want to updated for now the whole cocos2d-x to 3.9 because I have done a lot to setup my prog.ios_mac and proj.android-studio projects (SonarCocosHelper).

I have only updated to cocos2d-x 3.9, I haven’t changed my code and that’s what fixed my problem. You can try to replace only cocos2d folder with the one from 3.9, the one that has all cpp and h files (2d, 3d, ui etc) and see if it solves your problem, but make a backup of your project before you try this because I don’t know surely if it’ll work. I hope you solve it!

1 Like