[SOLVED] SDKBOX Play Not Connecting to Google Play Services (Leaderboards)

Hi,

I made a mobile game using Cocos Creator and I imported the SDKBOX Play plugin into my project. I went through the documentation thoroughly, added all the ID’s I needed to. (Docs: http://docs.sdkbox.com/en/plugins/sdkboxplay/v3-js/)

I am trying to get leaderboard setup on Android. I created my leaderboard and put the leaderboard ID and name in my sdkbox_config file. My project builds and compiles successfully but when I run my game, it doesn’t seem to connect to Google Play Services. I don’t know if I missed a step or if others run into something minor they usually miss but any help would be appreciated. I have spent almost 2 days going over the documentation and redoing every single step. I got it working in a previous game but for some reason it is just not connecting to Google Play Services in this game.

onLoad I’m calling:

sdkbox.PluginSdkboxPlay.init();
sdkbox.PluginSdkboxPlay.signin();

But I don’t see my gamer tag appear at the top of the screen as it usually does on Android devices.

If my leaderboard name is 2 separate words, what is the correct syntax to call it in my code?
Ex: Leaderboard name: Total Score. In my sdkbox_config file and in my code which of these should I use:

sdkbox.PluginSdkboxPlay.showLeaderboard('Total Score');
sdkbox.PluginSdkboxPlay.showLeaderboard('Total_Score');
sdkbox.PluginSdkboxPlay.showLeaderboard('Total-Score');
sdkbox.PluginSdkboxPlay.showLeaderboard('TotalScore');

It’s a known issue, cloud save is enable as default in 2.3.14.

Plz follow [SOLVED] SDBOXPLAY Error (I/SdkboxPlay: Error connecting to play services, reason: 'SIGN_IN_REQUIRED(4)') to solve this issue.

And cloud save will be disable as default from 2.3.15.
Thanks,

1 Like

Thanks,

Trying this now. I turned on Saved Games in Game Details.
Changes will take a few hours to be live. Will update here on the out come.

UPDATE:

After turning on Saved Games I am now able to open the leaderboard from my mobile game. BUT my score is not being sent and I am not seeing my gamer tag appear at the top of the screen as it usually does when you sign into Android games.

Could this be another issues/bug or is it something I missed? Thanks @yinjimmy

You can try test with a release build or link additional app with debug android key

It just started working on it’s own now. I sign in when I open my game on an Android mobile device.

hello I’m also having the same problem sdkbox is not defined on android logcat. Can you please tell me what you did to overcome this? Thanks

What I did to overcome this is abandon this game engine and now I am building my game using Corona.

Too bad I can’t abandon Cocos Creator and my deadline is slowly approaching :frowning: