[Solved] Creating a new project with cocos2d-x 3.0.

Hey,

I’ve been working on and off on a title using cocos2d-x and it’s been a while since I had to run any of the scripts to update the framework. 3.0 looks AWESOME and I can’t wait to try it, but I’m curious since so many things have changed; what’s the best way to install this version?

I see the .py script, but no install bash for mac/ios, am i missing something?

EDIT

Answering my own question, here’s what I’ve discovered:

1. It looks like the XCode templates are no longer being used. I can see the reasoning for this as it might get messy as you constantly upgrade versions.

2. The newer (probably cleaner) method is to create a project with the .py script. On Mac OS X 10.8, I opened up a terminal and did the following:

$ cd [cocos2d-x 3.0 directory]
$ python create-multi-platform-projects.py p project_namek com.your_company.project_name ~~l cpp
You will notice that the project will get created in /projects/project_name. I would prefer however if instead of making the project inside of it’s own file structure, if it simply made a new folder called <project_name> with the following:
~
/ Classes
/ Resources
/ Platforms
~~/proj.
/ Cocos2d-x

This would look very nice and tidy inside a git repository, and when a new version comes out, you just have to replace the cocos2d-x directory.

真的是这样吗?不准备发布模板安装文件了,还是正在开发,还没发布出来?

This really requires some thought, as I’ve found myself modifing the framework’s code and uploading all the cocos2d-x folder into source control so it tracks those modifications as well.

浩洋 于 wrote:

真的是这样吗?不准备发布模板安装文件了,还是正在开发,还没发布出来?

Could you please post in English? Not everyone is/knows Chinese, you know…

Xavier Arias wrote:

This really requires some thought, as I’ve found myself modifing the framework’s code and uploading all the cocos2d-x folder into source control so it tracks those modifications as well.
>

I understand where you’re coming from, however could you imagine a library like FMOD requiring that if you want to use it you have to put your whole project inside it’s framework folder?

So I’ve been trying to figure this out for the past hour. Looks like the template projects are just copied over and not modified, so the script would need to do some monkeying around with the project templates in order to get them in the right spot.

I was able to move the Win32 project up to a level above the Cocos2dx installation, but I had to recreate the SLN and edit the vcproj for HelloCpp in notepad to update all of the directories.