[SOLVED] Android-studio build error: undefined reference

I am trying to build my project for android on macOS using cocos compile -p android --android-studio --ap android-24, but I keep getting the error undefined reference to 'xxtea_encrypt(unsigned char*, unsigned int, unsigned char*, unsigned int, unsigned int*)'. I bypassed it by copying the xxtea directory in my project’s Classes directory, but I would still like to know how to fix it.

I tried, without success:

• Add Android.mk file inside my project’s cocos2d/external/xxtea directory to build xxtea as a library
  • Add my project’s cocos2d/external/xxtea directory to the Android.mk file in proj.android-studio/app/jni/Android.mk
  • Build using NDK r10c instead of r12b

(Note: I am not well-versed in Android, so I might be missing something trivial…)

Edit 1

I forgot to mention that I also tried what is suggested here, but it did not solve the problem. Also, I could not find the clean option.

Edit 2: Solution

How did I miss this? The solution was to open project/cocos2d/cocos/Android.mk and add ../external/xxtea.cpp to LOCAL_SRC_FILES and $(LOCAL_PATH)/../external/xxtea to LOCAL_EXPORT_C_INCLUDES and LOCAL_C_INCLUDES.