Slow loading of Multiple Audio files on Mobile devices

This issue has taken some time to discover and I am still not sure if my assumption is correct…

I think there’s a problem loading multiply audio files (almost) no matter how long they are. 7kb sound file takes as long time to load as the 1.5 mb file.

This is what I did:

1. I created an empty scene with nothing in it and loaded it on my iphone (ios 9.0.3) - took 1 sec to load.
  2. after this I added a single node and a 1 second long mp3 sound file (size; 7 kb) - took 8 seconds to load.
  3. I then replaced the sound file with a single 2 minute long mp3 sound file (size; 1,5 mb) - took 8 seconds to load… hmm
  4. Then I created 6 nodes with 6 different sounds (total lenght: 20 sec), (total size: 240kb) - took 26 seconds to load!

I have tested my wifi speed using speedtest and it’s currently 17,5 mbit/sec download - this should at least give me 1 mb/s download.

So in theory I should be able to download the 6 sound files in less than 1 seconds instead of 26 seconds, or am I missing something?

I think it’s because the browser haven’t notify our engine about audio file loaded, and the engine just wait until timeout

We will look into it, maybe not preload audio files is also a good idea…

Yeah, I think this is probably the best solution for mobiles.

The long loading time has been improved in v1.1.2
However you still need to touch the screen for the sound to play. And there will be some delay for the browser to parse the audio clip right before it’s played. Something like 200-300ms.