Skeletal animation with Cocostudio

Hello!

Recently, I started to learn about Cocostudio and I found a tutorial to create skeletal animations with it. The problem is, I can’t follow the steps on the tutorial because, when I create a project on Cocostudio, I can’t find the options mentioned in the tutorial.

The link to the tutorial is: http://portal.bluejack.binus.ac.id/tutorials/createendlessrunnergamewithcocos2d-xpart1-armatureanimation

And I’m stuck right at the beginning, where it says that, after adding the image resources, I must select the “Pose mode” and then hit the button marked by a blue box

This is an image from the tutorial:

And I can’t find any of those:

Thanks in advance for any answer! :smile:

hi Luis.

You already know that both apps/software was different :smile: .
Try reread the 1st screenshot (the software/apps title ) , the first one. Its said “Animation Editor"and 2nd screenshot ~” Cocos Studio" :wink:

Soooo, here :

The Solution

Open your “cocos store” and search : Cocos Skeletal Animation Editor

download and install

PS : rekt English

Hi mate!

I had noticed that, but I had read in another post that, in recent versions of the Cocos Studio, the Animation Editor was included directly in Cocostudio.

Thanks for the reply, my friend. :smile:

I followed your instructions, but, I stomped into an error: After downloading it, I try to install it but it crashes and makes my computer freeze. Any idea on what causes is?

EDIT: Never mind, I managed to install the software :smile:

Hello Luis,

yes , animation editor was included in CocosStudio, but if you following that tutorial you gonna need the Cocos Skeletal Animation Editor 1.6 . because both interface was different .

From my experience, when you use the animation editor (the one included in cocostudio) you can’t create *.ExportJson.
The cocosstudio exporter animation editor ~ result *.plist .
In the past i was stuck in this problem like 3 days :smile:

i’m glad i can help.