Simulator doesn't run (1.6)

Upgraded from 1.5.2 but i can’t run any projects with simulator. I simply click the “play” button to run but nothing happens, no popup messages, no console log error. no feedback at all.

What OS do you use? Windows or OSX?
Does your project run in Browser?
What if you create a new project?

Best regards,
Zsolt

I have same problem too.

I’m using cocos creator 1.6 on Win7 Ultimate SP1 64bit
When click Play button with Browser, things are OK. But when I change it to Simulator & click Play, nothing happen.

I’ve tried to run the simulator directly in this folder
C:\CocosCreator\resources\cocos2d-x\simulator\win32\simulator.exe
(Yes I wonder why there’s only simulator for 32bit only while I installed 64bit version)

But I get this error “The program can’t start because VCRUNTIME140D.dll is missing on your computer”

BTW, I turned off the antivirus before installing & ticked the option “Install VS2017” at first step.

Please let us know why. Thanks !

1 Like

Thanks for figuring out the source of the problem, but i couldn’t resolve it, even if i turn off the anti-virus (i’m using AVG) protection before installing cc 1.6, and yes, i chose to install visual studio 2017. How do i get this VCRUNTIME130D.dll file?

Windows 7 Professional 64bit. Yea, i do run in browser. Even if i create a new project the problem persists.

Hi all,

today my Visual Studio 2017 found some update and I pressed the “Install update” button, and while the installer worked, the Simulator did not start! I worked as you described, no error messages, no log, it simply did not run. After the installer finished, it started to work again, without restartin CC. It’s strange…

Best regards,
Zsolt

Hi @PZsolt27

I’m also getting an error in the simulator, but don’t know, if it’s an error / bug, look below:

JS Exception: target is null, file: /Applications/CocosCreator.app/Contents/Resources/cocos2d-x/simulator
/mac/Simu

Don’t know if it had to do with the upgrade to JSB 2.0?

God Bless…

Sincerely,

Sunday

Hi @PZsolt27

The above is the exact error? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

God Bless…

Sincerely,

Sunday

Hi @luke2125,

I cannot reproduce the “Simulator doesn’t run” bug now (I don’t want to uninstall VS2017), so I cannot debug it. The quoted bug is probably some different problem, try to check the recently released 1.6.1 beta2 version.

Best regards,
Zsolt

The point is, Cocos Creator 1.6 failed to integrate VS 2017 into its simulator. When I run simulator itself it askes for tons of missed dll from VS 2017. But VS 2017 is installed already, before I install Cocos Creator.
But the funny thing is, Cocos Creator still have a check box to let us tick & start install VS2017. When installing VS2017, I get a alert like “Can’t find component …abc.Cocos.xyz” then the part to install VS2017 ends there.

Simulator (Cocos Creator 1.6) worked on my Win 10 machine.

Same problem on

• Window 7 Ultimate 64 bit
  • not ticked install Visual Studio 2017

I uninstall 1.6.1, then install 1.5.2 it works. So I think it’s a bug in 1.6.1

I have the same problem:

• Windows 10 64-bit
  • Did not choose to install Visual Studio 2017

Windows 10, simulator don’t work. So, first i’am installed cocos creator 1.6, and my simulator in cocos don’t work, then i’am install visual code, and simulator start working. What i need install ( microsoft visual c++, .net or some thing else?) I don’t want download visual studio, i don’t like visual studio. Please write me what i need install and download, for simulator. My windows 10 is clean (don’t have visual c++ )

Now 1.6.2 has released. And the simulator is working now.

• Tested on window 10.
  • not ticked install Visual Studio 2017.

I got also problems with CocosCreator 2.11 Simulator. I installed vc_2017_x86. Because in folder:
…\resources\cocos2d-x\simulator\win32\ , it says its a 32bit app. So i hope you all got it working by installing this version of VC runtime redist. (in my case, i copied manually files from the folder “SYSWOW64” inside my OS to …\resources\cocos2d-x\simulator\win32\ )