setColor(3B(255,255,255)) Doesn't Work!

The problem is as simple as the title reads. I have a class subclassing from LayerColor, have initialized it (if (!LayerColor::initWithColor(Color4B(255, 0, 0, 0))) return false;) and its working just fine. At some point I decide to change the color of the layer (background I hope!) with this line of code:
this->setColor(Color3B(255, 255, 255)); and nothing happens. The setColor function will not accept Color4B and I may have spent more than an hour on it. Please help.

P.S. May I take the chance to mention that cocos2d engine could be one of the best game engines if not THE best, but it should also receive a badge for the incredibly inadequate documentation it provides for the programmers. I personally left other “best” game engines because I liked programming not scripting. But what is the use if I have to spend an hour to get a single frame of my game working properly? I hope developers notice…

The call to init has set the opacity to 0. Do you change this value before using setColor? e.g. this->setOpacity(255);

Thanks, the opacity was the issue. Since I wasn’t able to set the color with Color4B it didn’t come to my mind to go back and pay attention to that detail.