Sdkbox fyber plugin help

Hi @slackmoehrle, @nite and sdkbox team,

I just successfully installed fyber plugin and i can see the rewarded video ad on the app.

In sdkbox_config.json file we can set token and appid but where can we set the userid?

When the user completes the video fyber makes the call to my server with userid and coins to be earned by the user, so i have to set the userid, to reward the right user.

For reference fyber documentation : - http://developer.fyber.com/content/current/ios/basics/getting-started-sdk/

So how can i set userid?

Hi, Let us look into this and get back to you.

Great… :smiley:

Waiting for your reply…

That function is missing, we’re going to add it for the 10/14 release

When is the release date for that? We want to launch the app by 10th of oct, is there a way i can add it manually, by adding some code and modifying the sdkbox script?

The reason i am using fyber is you can add other ad networks as mediation( video ads) so you can get high fill rate for many locations.

But, to add video ad mediation in fyber, they have provide bundles of other ad networks to be integrated into the project for ios and android.

here’s the link -

for android : http://developer.fyber.com/content/current/android/rewarded-video/adding-networks/
for ios : http://developer.fyber.com/content/current/ios/rewarded-video/adding-networks/

As these are bundles for ios and android, will they work for cocos2d-x?

Thanks for all your support…

It is being released on 10/14 (October 14, 2015).

Unfortunately, I don’t think there is a way for you to update SDKBOX before we do. @nite can verify, but I don’t think it can be done.

The function you requested is already available on our nightly builds.

You can use our nightly version of plugin using command

sdkbox update --staging

However nightly builds only been through limited auto tests, so not really recommended

You can try it if you really want to meet your deadline.

@nite can you confirm that the feature will be available in 10/14 build?

So we can decide weather to wait or use nightly build…

Thanks guys…

@mihir77 indeed it will be in the 10/14 release.

@slackmoehrle :smile: Thanks…

Hi @mihir77:

I’ve integrated Fyber using SDKBox too, but I don’t know the next step now. Could you help me, please?

I see on Fyber documentation that we can add multiple ad networks with rewarded videos and interstitials.

My questions are:

• Does SDKBox support it?
  • If I don’t add any ad network, what happen? Has Fyber a default ad network or then does it work in test mode?

Thanks guys!

Hi @patriciog

If you don’t add any ad network still you can see test ads from fyber…Make sure test mode is ON in fyber dashboard.

About multiple ad networks, you just have to download the bundles provide and add it in your project. I haven’t added it yet, but saw the steps and working on it…

Will let you know if i successfully integrate it…

Hi @slackmoehrle, @nite,

10/14 release is not launched yet, is it postponed?

waiting for it.

Hi @mihir77:

The last night I received a email from SDKBox support. I think the release will be published throughout the current day.

They informed me that Fyber will use the new version 8 SDK. I’m going to setup our project to add AdColony, Chartboost and Vungle with Fyber.

Hi, the release was delayed by one day.

It is being released today, we wanted to run through our certification matrix again to ensure we have dotted our i’s and crossed our t’s.

Hi,

I installed the new sdkbox fyber plugin but didn’t find the option to add “user id”, its not in sdkbox_config.json.

So how to add user id, so the fyber can reward the right user?

The init function actually takes user_id as an optional parameter.
PluginFyber::init(user_id)

Great, Thanks… :smiley:

Hi,

I setup the adcolony and vungle network on fyber dashboard and added the respective bundles provided from the fyber network to frameworks directory in my project, but when i run, the log says

[FYB Error]: Class for network Vungle could not be found, Tried (
FYBVungleNetwork

)

Same error is shown for adcolony also.

Is there anything else i need to do?

You are just using the SDKBOX Fyber plugin, correct?

You did not install SDKBOX AdColony, did you?