[SDKBOX Admob] High Memory Usage & 'leaking' memory

Hiya,

I saw some threads from 2016 (and before) in which people complained about the memory usage of AdMob. Specifically the caching was not working very well as it took up many mb but never released them.

I’ve currently run into the same issue and would like to know if there is a fix for this yet. Currently caching an interstitial raises memory use by 10 mb and banner loading raises it by 2~4 mb. Once it reaches the limit memory is removed (mostly sprites that need to be reloaded) but there is always still a little bit left, so next time the limit is reached faster.

Is there any way to use admob sdkbox with a smaller memory footprint and without taking up so much memory when caching ads?

Using plugin version: 2.3.12.5
Manually caching banner ad and interstitial.

Here’s the thread I was talking about: [SOLVED] Admob question about usage and memory

EDIT:
I see the documentation is a bit misleading. There’s a huge warning that auto-caching doesn’t work, but it does seem to work for interstitials, just not for banner ads. Removing the manual cache requests for interstitials helped a bit, but the issue of increasing memory is still there.