SDKBOX 1.0.1 released with Google Analytics, support for Cocos2d-x v2, improved docs

Hello Everyone,

We are excited to have released SDKBOX 1.0.1!

This new version adds:

• new Google Analytics plugin!! Check this out, it is really useful!
  • support for Cocos2d-x v3.0 - v3.3 (we now support all of v3.x)
  • support for Cocos2d-x v2.2.6
  • bug fixes
  • documentation improvements
2 Likes

Thank you for evolving SDKBOX!

You now support all of v.3.x, but your post says v3.0-v3.3. With 3.7 being the latest thing, this was just a typo? :smile:

Whats next on the plan?
IAP?
Social integration like FB, google+ and twitter?

All of the Google services like cloud/game saves?

• Authorization
  • Achievements
  • Leaderboards
  • Turn-based multiplayer
  • Real-time multiplayer
  • Events
  • Quests
  • Saved Games

Please mark what’s on the plan next. Thanks!

4 Likes

Not really a typo, we supported 3.4-3.6 in the first release. Now this release fills in the gaps with 3.0 to 3.3 and 2.2.6.

The plan… IAP yes, I do know that. There are others that we are developing too :slight_smile: We like to surprise once in a while. Let’s just say you will all be happy with what is coming.

Ah, additional support then. I was a little confused at first.

I like surprises, at least the positive ones.

With the new tutorials/“SDK plugins” from @SonarSystems, you have a new contender :wink:

We really like what @SonarSystems does for the community. Yes, we seem to overlap in offerings recently, but competition is a good thing. It keeps everyone on their toes and contributing actively. The community only benefits from this.

1 Like

Hi…
Your team is doing a great job!
Thank you for all the help and support.

I request you to look into the PDF document named installation_guide.pdf that you provide in the folder named sdkbox-googleanalytics_cpp_v1.0.1

i downloaded it from this link: http://cocos2d-x.org/sdkbox/googleanalytics

There is something wrong on page 2.
I am new to SDK Box so I might be wrong, but please take a look at page 2 (I am not allowed to upload images as of now)
So I will copy paste the lines:

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
2.2 Edit AndroidManifest.xml
• Include the following permissions: INTERNET, ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE, AC- CESS_WIFI_STATE, WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE and VIBRATE. This can be done by pasting in the following lines into your AndroidManifest.xml between the manifest tags:

• To enable hardware acceleration in your application tag.This tag is optional on newer sdk versions and doesn’t work on version 2.3.3.
<android:hardwareAccelerated=“true” />
• There are also a few necessary meta-data tags that also need to be added: “‘xml
“‘
(IS THE ABOVE POINT COMPLETE and CORRECT?)

2.3 Edit the meta-data files
• In the step above a file for meta-data setup was specified (com.google.android.gms.analytics.globalConfigResou
(WHERE WAS THIS FILE MENTIONED ABOVE? And the name com.google.android.gms.analytics.globalConfigResou is not complete in the PDF)
This file needs to contain some settings. The contents of this file could be something
like this:
(NOT ABLE TO PASTE THIS PART CORRECTLY BECAUSE IT’S XML CODE)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

verbose

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I am in the same case as you, I don’t understand this part and the 2.7 and 2.8 are a bit blurry too.

OK, let me look at this doc today and see what the issue is. I will download the bundle and start with the PDF and look at my markdown and see what is happening. I have made doc changes and we are going to make new docs, but let me see what is going on here first.

OK, I see this and I will fix it right now and have our team re-spin the plugin bundles.

thank you so much for your quick attention.
another request is to help us out with enabling IDFA in google analytics for iOS.
there have been a lot of issues where in we keep getting this error:
idfa class missing, won’t collect idfa

is there a way in which your doc could help setup IDFA so we can track installs on iOS?
this would be very helpful
thanks

I don’t know what IDFA is, so let me ask @nite to read your post and provide his thoughts.

An identifier to deliver user-balanced/behavioral advertising. To track the ads watched/delivered by/to the user.

https://support.google.com/adxbuyer/answer/3221407?hl=en

http://blog.getsocialize.com/2013/everything-you-need-to-know-about-ioss-idfa-idv-cookies-overview

Hi,

the current implementation of the Google Analytics plugin includes all necessary files to have IDFA support.
Add these two frameworks to your project:

• iAd.framework (not currently added)
  • AdSupport.framework

and

• add libAdIdAccess.a as compilation library. This file is available in the from google analytics download. It is by error not included as dependency to the sample project.

With this steps IDFA should work for you.

Since you are getting this warning, I guess you already called

tracker.allowIDFACollection = YES;

you must make the call after creating the tracker.

We will fix the sample for the next release of SDKBox.

Let us know if this works for you.

Thanks.

@slackmoehrle

I unable to integrate the Google Analytics with Cocos2d-JS v3.6.1.

There are some error on the SDKBoxJSHelper.cpp

1. JSBool (solved by changing to bool)
  2. return JS::ToNumber( cx, v, dp) && !isnan(dp); (conversion error on v and no isnan function)

Thanks.

I think @nite can help solve this. We had a few other users go through this, but I don’t recall what the final solution actually was.

Hello, this is defo an issue, not with SDKBOX just GA as it’s not very well specified.

Check this post out for the solution http://www.sonarlearning.co.uk/questions.php?question-topic=204

Its for Cocos Helper but it applies for the SDKBOX aswell.

And no @slackmoehrle im not trying to get traffic for Cocos Helper just sharing a common solution

Use this to replace SDKBoxJSHelper.h/cpp for now
https://gist.github.com/darkdukey/5b2b8dc4542243dbd5c2

you guys are doing a great job…
and i know you wouldnt do anything like this to get traffic
:slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the appreciation, it’s the community that makes it worth doing :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

We have released version 1.1. Get it here.