Scripting in cocos2d-x C++

Although cocos2d-x seems to be moving toward an option that will allow scripting in a C++ solution - it’s not there yet, and I’m an impatient chap!

I recently discovered ChaiScript - a header-only scripting option for C++

The learning curve was steep - mainly because of my not-too-good C++ skillz - but I persevered, and blogged about it as my way of documenting how to get it to work with cocos2d-x

I confess I’m still not completely sold on ChaiScript - but I’m going to continue playing with it - and will be interested in hearing about anyone else who might be using it?

Hope it’s OK to post a link here to my blog - if not just let me know & I’ll remove it.
http://pooperpig.com/?p=145

way to go, dude … I haven’t looked at Chai script at all, is it possible to compile the scripts to make it unreadable by people? because JS and lua can be compiled like that.
Anyway good luck on your chai script implementation for your games

There’s nothing in ChaiScript specifically to encrypt script - but obviously it’s easy enough to implement your own encryption / decryption - ChaiScript just executes script in a file or a string.

Really? That’s cool! Can you point me to an example (preferably in Javascript) ?

Yeah JS can be compiled using js-compiler tools just like shown in this thread and I’m sure lua can do this as well

Interesting stuff! Thanks. I will have to try it and see if it will do the same thing to ChaiScript and still leave it able to be interpreted!