Script Error while creating new Win-32 Application

I get the following script errors while trying to create a new Win-32 Application:

Before loading Application Wizard:
Line: 1, Char: 1, Error: Invalid Character, Code: 0, URL: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Microsoft%20Visual%20Studio%2010.0/VC/VCWizards/1033/Script.js
Line: 1, Char: 1, Error: Invalid Character, Code: 0, URL: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Microsoft%20Visual%20Studio%2010.0/VC/VCWizards/1033/Common.js
Line: 322, Char: 2, Error: “The value of the property ‘setDirection’ is null or undefined, not a Function object”, Code: 0, URL: file:///C:/cocos2dx/template/msvc/CCAppWiz.win32/HTML/1033/default.htm

Select “Finish” on Application Wizard:
Line: 345, Char: 2, Error: “The value of the property ‘OnWizFinish’ is null or undefined, not a Function object”, Code: 0, URL: file:///C:/cocos2dx/template/msvc/CCAppWiz.win32/HTML/1033/default.htm

I am running Windows 7 and Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Express.
I have also tried deleting the templates and reinstalling them a number of times with no change, as well as reinstalling Cocos2d-x.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

I am having exactly the same problem and cannot sort it. Its very frustrating. Can anyone help with this? I have also tried uninstalling internet explorer 8 and 9 on my vista installation with no success. Same issues on windows 7 64 installation. Any help would be appreciated.

I’m getting the same error.

I tried cocos2d-1.0.1-x-0.11.0 & cocos2d-1.0.1-x-0.9.2 with Win7x64 and WinXPx32 same error everytime, both with VS2010.

I’m about to try it with VS2008 also… but can someone point me to a blank VS2010 Cocos2d-X Win32 project (or point me to a sample) so I can use that?

Well it seems to work fine with VS2008 (on my Win7x64 machine)… so i’ll work with that.

Did you find a fix for this, besides by just using visual studio 2008? I’m having the same problem.

I’ve received this same error the first time I tried to install Cocos2D-X many many MANY months ago, and I still get it.

Visual Studio 2010
Followed the guide exactly, but same error as everyone.

This has been a major problem for quite some time…and still no fix…

The only solution was to get VS 2008.

This is so silly that this doesn’t work with the very thing required to use it…

And this error has never been fixed since the beginning, and I know I reported this error in the beginning of Cocos2D-x’s life.

Hi,

I had exactly the same problem with VS 2010 on Windows 7 and seem to have managed to get it to work for me. I’m not an expert with W7 (or VS2010) so this may not work for everyone…

With explorer I had to “unblock” two template files :
cocos2d-1.0.1-x-0.11.0\template\msvc\CCAppWiz.win32\HTML\1033\default.htm
cocos2d-1.0.1-x-0.11.0\template\msvc\CCAppWiz.win32\HTML\1033\features.htm

Right click on the files, select “Properties” and click on “Unblock” at the bottom next to the message “This file came from another computer and might be blocked to help protect this computer.”

After unblocking these files the wizard appears to run correctly.

Hope this helps.
Stuart

Solution works for me.

Thank you very much Stuart!

Thank you Stuart!

Who is the jerk who blocked these two files? RAWR

<3 you Stuart!

Thank you SO much! :slight_smile:

Yup. That solved the problem :slight_smile: Good Job.

This should be added to the tutorial of how to set up a project.

I’m sure this will happen to more people.

I don’t know if this is related, but when I compile and run a new project to test it, it can’t find the .exe for the project.

Thanks Stuart!
Your solution work, never heard of blocked files before :slight_smile:

Excellent tip Stuart! After unblocking I ran install_templates_msvc.bat again and the wizard worked well.

We need to get this put in the guide. Unblocking worked great for me too!

Thanks! That works for me too!

I got the same erro when running cocos2dx2.1.1 on win7.

Thank u very very much Stuart!