Schedule local notifications (iOS/Android)

Any suggestion on how to handle local notifications for iOS/Android from Creator?

My game schedules many events in the future, and I would like to schedule notifications too.

Long time ago, my team did this in a game made with Unity, and they used an external plugin.
My guess I would need a plugin too (to handle native calls on iOS/Android) but havent found any useful so far.

I think you’ll have to do the iOS/Android heavy lifting (some Obj-C/Swift and Java[NDK] calls), wrap it with C++, and bind that C++ to JavaScript.

Thats plan B.
This is a feature many game developers may use so, I thought there would be something available inside Creator… :rolling_eyes:

Totally agree, if it was possible to do this work, throw it into a “plugin” and be able to have other developers use it through a nice package-system (SDK Box, AnySDK, etc.) through Cocos Creator, maybe even with a nice interface.

To start, I’d be a lot happier if the C++ -> JSB layer (their generator) was nicely documented. The OS side calls for basic things aren’t bad, fortunately.