Scenes are not in the raw-assets folder upon build, even though they are checked in "Included Scenes"

Hi, we have scenes checked in “Included Scenes” that aren’t being included in the raw-assets folder on iOS and Android, web browser HTML5 works fine, though. We tried deleting the entire /build folder and starting from scratch, but they still weren’t there. About half of my scenes and their assets are missing (even though ALL of my scenes are checked).

How can we get the scenes included with the build in raw-assets? The iOS build is complaining that the files are not there as well when it tries to load them at runtime from db://assets/

Any ideas? As you can imagine, we need to include all of our scene’s builds in our iOS game in order for it to work properly for our users to be able to play it.

Any ideas? Shouldn’t ALL of the assets always show up in raw-assets (especially the included scenes?)?

Have you tried closing Cocos Creator and re-opening? I had to do this when my scenes weren’t being included as I’d expected.

I figured it out, I have a very customized xcode project that wasn’t getting updated properly, so now instead of modifying the auto-generated one in the build folder (which really was a bad thing to do all along), I made my own that lives outside of the Cocos Project and references the build artifacts.

Nice work!

@TheChuckster
your meant to create your modifications to the build folder inside build-templates which will copy over your modifications on build.

1 Like

I’m not sure what the advantage is with that now that I am referencing the build artifacts directly from another project.

Adding certain customizations (e.g. CocoaPods that require a workspace instead of a project) actually breaks the Cocos Creator streamlined build, and so you have to manually build it in xcode yourself – a huge hassle.

The CC team said they would not consider working on things like a Linux build because they are busy prioritizing the docs, but I am not exactly seeing the results of their efforts. It turns out that your nugget of wisdom was buried here (and I thought I had read all of the docs!):

https://github.com/cocos-creator/creator-docs/blob/master/source/en/publish/custom-project-build-template.md

I realize that code is self-documenting, and I have come to accept very low standards in terms of docs throughout my career as a dev, but if you say you are actively prioritizing good documentation as a scapegoat to avoid implementing crucial (and easy to do) features, then I would expect at least passable documentation.

That is just my feedback, thanks.

Yes the docs are ridiculously hard to find/follow. I’ve actually had a better time reading the Mandarin docs. For example cc.Graphics is not present in english and no I cannot read Mandarin but the code examples are easy to follow.

I was considering doing some tutorials if I get a chance. Otherwise the community needs to be given a bit more power to improve the documentation. PR’s I assume are welcome on the cocos creator engine codebase/docs

I’ve been reading their source code instead of using the docs. Finding that almost easier. Having come from the days of Cocos2d in objective-c I’m rather disappointed in what has become of it in terms of community and growth but I digress and life goes on. We as the community need to chip in where possible too.

1 Like

Maybe if the Cocos team made the documentation a Wiki so that users could contribute to it, there would be more progress on that front?

There were about 5-10 things I would’ve edited, added to, or corrected this week that would’ve saved others a lot of time and frustration.

Just a suggestion.

1 Like