Scatterfly - a game about butterflies for Android

Hello,

As a member of Levitating Frog studio, I have a pleasure to show you our game Scatterfly. It’s available in Google Play:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.levitatingfrog.scatterfly

We had an opportunity to test it on some public event at it looked that the game will be liked by girls and women only, but at the moment most leader boards are occupied by men, so it’s game for everybody :slight_smile:

The game is written in C++, we are using cocos2d-x v3.10 and a few plugins from SDKBOX: chartboost, sdkboxplay, and iap. We used LWF for animation in intro.

You can check a video with gameplay:

There are 3 game modes: for children (very easy), standard and survival (kind of endless for experienced users), 4 worlds with unique graphic styles, leader boards, achievements and collection of 152 items to collect.

Please try it and let me know what do you think about it.

1 Like

Congrats on releasing. I’ll try your game out.

wow its cool, animation and gameplay looks polished and keep up the good work!

Hi @Semiranis
Can you tell more about Level creation?
How you are rendering levels too? is it 2D or 3D?
Thanks.

Thank you for kind words.

@smitpatel88 Specific informations about levels (paths to assets, fixes for positions, chance for butterfly, chance for flower, etc.), are stored in json files. Common things are kept in code to omit repeating it in every single json. Horizontal positions are random in defined range, vertical positions, Z-order and scales are calculated during update(). It’s pseudo-3D, like in old Sega games (pure 2D sprites scaled and Z-sorted to imitate 3D effect). My first idea was to use 3D, but it was easier to make it with 2D + some calculations of scale and position.
The grass that is reaching end of the “hill”, is moving back to the start position and goes the way again and again.

Thanks for sharing.
That rolling hill effect looks good.