Project setup scripts (create_android_project.sh mostly)

Hello!

I’m developing a Cocos2d-x game for Android and iOS. Creating a project for iOS is super easy once the templates are installed into XCode, which is great. :slight_smile: However, I’m having all kinds of trouble when creating an Android project using create_android_project.sh. First, nothing in the script takes into account that paths can have spaces in them. Second, once I patched the script to support spaces in paths I ended up with a project with missing files.

What I want is to help fix this situation. It’s somewhat easy to patch the script I’ve downloaded and just manually copy the files missing once it’s been run. However, this will only benefit me and only in the short run. The next time I update to a new version of Cocos2d-x I’ll have to solve this problem all over again (this is already the second time).

It would be great to get some pointers on how the directory structure on github is meant to be used so that I can fix the script to copy everything from the proper folders and support spaces in paths and so on. Also, I could help design a better template directory structure if needed if I get to talk to some people more experienced with how everything fits together. :slight_smile:

I know everyone says this but thanks for a great project, it REALLY speeded up the rewrite of my game from Android-only in java to cross-platform in C++. :slight_smile:

/Sebastian

1. Could you please send the patch to me? Maybe I missed your post.
  2. Take a look at the new template-script in my lab https://github.com/walzer/cocos2d-x/tree/create-hybrid-project/template-hybrid I try to copy-rename HelloCpp to a new project. The created projects will have multi-platform project files the same as HelloCpp. But I’ve only finished ios platform yet.

Walzer Wang wrote:

1. Could you please send the patch to me? Maybe I missed your post.
  2. Take a look at the new template-script in my lab https://github.com/walzer/cocos2d-x/tree/create-hybrid-project/template-hybrid I try to copy-rename HelloCpp to a new project. The created projects will have multi-platform project files the same as HelloCpp. But I’ve only finished ios platform yet.

I think choosing ptyhon is very nice.

And is project name really need space ? I don’t know that.

i think Having space in file name is so dangerous. isn’t it?