Problem with runAction returning to the same scene

Hi there,
I’m having a problem since two days and I don’t know how to solve it.
In my first scene, I’m adding a Button “Play” and it has a special effect of movement:

RepeatForever *effectButton = RepeatForever::create(Sequence::createWithTwoActions(ScaleBy::create(1.05, 1.05), ScaleBy::create(0.95, 0.95))); 
buttonPlay->runAction(effectButton);
scene->addChild(buttonPlay);

It works fine. But the problem is, when I touch the button, the scene is replaced, but when I return to the initial scene, the button does not have the effect of movement. The runAction does not work when I return to the scene. Which could be the problem?

I tried add this methods before or after replaceScene but it not solve the problem.

Director::getInstance()->getRunningScene()->getChildByName("buttonPlay")->stopAllActions();
Director::getInstance()->getActionManager()->removeAllActions();

Anyone can help me?
Thanks.

Not enough information.

Where is your first piece of code placed? In the init()?
How do you replace the scene? What do you mean by I return to the scene?
Is buttonPlay a variable member of the scene 1?

Theoretically you can try resumeSchedulerAndActions().

@brightInverse thanks for the answer.
I will respond your questions.

Where is your first piece of code placed? In the init()?

Nope. When I run the game, the first scene is executed ( director->runWithScene(scene); ). After that, I replaced that scene by another one, and that another scene is that have the play button.

How do you replace the scene? What do you mean by I return to the scene?

This is how I replace the first scene.

void Game::initScreen()
{
    Scene *scene = Scene::create();
    Director::getInstance()->replaceScene(scene);

. //Here I add others Childs...

cocos2d::ui::Button *buttonPlay = cocos2d::ui::Button::create("buttonPlay.png");
    buttonPlay->setName("buttonPlay");
    buttonPlay->setPosition(Vec2(origin.x + visibleSize.width/2, origin.y + visibleSize.height/2));
    buttonPlay->addTouchEventListener(CC_CALLBACK_1(EventHandler::onTouchButtonPlay, EventHandler::getInstance())); 

RepeatForever *effectButton = RepeatForever::create(Sequence::createWithTwoActions(ScaleBy::create(1.05, 1.05), ScaleBy::create(0.95, 0.95))); /
    buttonPlay->runAction(effectButton);
    scene->addChild(buttonPlay);
}

When I say “return to the scene” I refer to call again initScreen() method in other part of the code.
The first time I call initScreen () the button action works fine. But when I replace the initScreen() scene (by other scene, in onTouchButtonPlay()) and in another part of the code I call initScreen () again to return to the init scene, the runAction button do not work.

Is buttonPlay a variable member of the scene 1?

Nope. As I mentioned before, the first scene does not have the button.

Theoretically you can try resumeSchedulerAndActions().

This method is deprecated. Other alternative?
Thanks.

I found my problem.
My Director was in pause mode.

Adding this line, I solved the problem:

Director::getInstance()->resume();

Thanks !!!

I did not do anything useful. But I am glad that you solved your problem. :slight_smile: