Pro Strategy Football 2016 will be on Steam!

I wrote my original football game as a Master’s project, and believe it or not, collaborated with Dallas Cowboys Coach Tom Landry. Many years later, my son encouraged me to modernize it and create an iOS version, so I rewrote the UI in objective c (back in 2011) and added features and released it. This went along fine for a few years, but last year I wanted to broaden my audience, so I move from the objective c version of cocos2d to cocos2d-x and rewrote the UI again. I also had to redesign my database to use a binary file and run everything in memory.

Well, thanks to the incredible work on the guys behind cocos2d-x, I was able to create a Windows version of my game, and I’ve just been Greenlit! My game will be on mobile devices and on Windows, and I plan on creating a Mac version once all my core work is complete later in July.

The windows version supports the mouse, mouse wheel, keyboard, and switches between windowed and full screen mode!

Check it out at http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=608100059! I need to create a new video, because I have added a ton of new features since creating that video.

I am really happy for you Kerry. Please let us know how you are doing with your progress and if we can do anything to assist you. Super exciting!

1 Like

Thanks, will do! I do need to dabble with sizing a little. Right now, I let the user toggle between full screen and windowed, but if they choose “windowed” then I set the window size to (1024, 768), which is a little tall on my wife’s laptop. I probably need to query the device for its resolution.

Here’s my logic (they have to restart the game if toggling):

if (winFullScreen)
  glview = GLViewImpl::createWithFullScreen("Psf2016");
else
  glview = GLViewImpl::create("Psf2016");

Anyway, I also need to go find out more about the Steam SDK, too.

Thanks again!