cocos2d-x-2.0-linux-patch published

Hello, cocos2dx-2.0-linux-patch published!
download: https://github.com/tongpengfei/cocos2d-x-2.0-linux/zipball/master

# feature
# add testjs linux
#
# install:
# ./cocos2d-x-2.0-linux-patch.sh ./YOUR-cocos2d-x-2.0-source-directory

my os:
ubuntu 11.10 32bit
ubuntu 11.04 64bit

Awesome work. :slight_smile:

James Chen wrote:

Awesome work. :slight_smile:

thanks a lot for your help:)

It helps a lot. :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot cant wait to try it….:slight_smile:

Great patch! But i have add a little thing to make it working on my ubuntu 12.04 32bit.

For ubuntu 12.04 users, add “mkdir -p $OUTPUT_DEBUG” to line 60 in cocos2d-x-2.0-linux-patch.sh.

yodesoft yodesoft wrote:

Great patch! But i have add a little thing to make it working on my ubuntu 12.04 32bit.
>
For ubuntu 12.04 users, add “mkdir ~~p $OUTPUT_DEBUG” to line 60 in cocos2d-x-2.0-linux-patch.sh.
:slight_smile: My pleasure. have you got directory $OUTPUT_DEBUG after execute cocos2d-x-2.0-linux-patch.sh? the patch has $OUTPUT_DEBUG directory already, it will exists after the line:
45 cp $PATCH_TRUNK/* $COCOS2DX20_TRUNK/~~rf

Has anyone got this patch working on Arch linux?
I tried to remove the apt-gets and install the deps by hand, but
I can’t get it working…

always get missing files or some other nonsense

In file included from main.cpp:1:0:
main.h:5:20: fatal error: CCStdC.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.

you may have a try add INCLUDE+=$cocos2d-x-2.0-trunk/cocos2dx/platform/Linux in your Makefile

fzzbt _ wrote:

Has anyone got this patch working on Arch linux?
I tried to remove the apt-gets and install the deps by hand, but
I can’t get it working…
>

pengfei tong wrote:

you may have a try add INCLUDE+=$cocos2d-x-2.0-trunk/cocos2dx/platform/Linux in your Makefile
>

not sure which Makefile you mean…

it always fails to spidermonkey

Hi pengfei tong. Thank you for your work. Just got a question: do you have any plans on supporing lua in linux port?

sorry, not yet

redaur redaur wrote:

Hi pengfei tong. Thank you for your work. Just got a question: do you have any plans on supporing lua in linux port?

Hi fzzbt, what I meant is your Makefile which you are make. It looks like you were make testjs?

fzzbt _ wrote:

pengfei tong wrote:
> you may have a try add INCLUDE+=$cocos2d-x-2.0-trunk/cocos2dx/platform/Linux in your Makefile
>
>
not sure which Makefile you mean…
>
it always fails to spidermonkey

Hi, pengfei, since the refactoring jobs are completed in gles20 branch, would you please to adjust the structure of your linux port, and send a pull request to upstream repo? Thanks in advance!

And we added automatic compiling scripts for continuous integration like this https://github.com/cocos2d/cocos2d-x/commit/39024c813e4aeabb840c4e0395f5b898c67bf3f8. You can consider the same feature on linux to strengthen the stability of linux port in the future.

Hi Walzer, ofcourse, I am very glad to do :slight_smile:
Walzer Wang wrote:

Hi, pengfei, since the refactoring jobs are completed in gles20 branch, would you please to adjust the structure of your linux port, and send a pull request to upstream repo? Thanks in advance!
>
And we added automatic compiling scripts for continuous integration like this https://github.com/cocos2d/cocos2d-x/commit/39024c813e4aeabb840c4e0395f5b898c67bf3f8. You can consider the same feature on linux to strengthen the stability of linux port in the future.

Sorry, you are right, the patch missed $OUTPUT_DEBUG because git would miss empty directory, I have fixed it, thank you.:slight_smile:

yodesoft yodesoft wrote:

>
For ubuntu 12.04 users, add “mkdir -p $OUTPUT_DEBUG” to line 60 in cocos2d-x-2.0-linux-patch.sh.

Hey guys, thanks for your hard work!
I was wondering if the Linux port was stable, because I have to create a game for a very slow computer and I was suggested in doing it with SDL, but I’d prefer using cocos2d-x.
What would you say about it?

Thank you! I choose cocos2d-x for mobile game, if you create the game for PC, it is by yourself. :slight_smile:

Mixu Mixu wrote:

Hey guys, thanks for your hard work!
I was wondering if the Linux port was stable, because I have to create a game for a very slow computer and I was suggested in doing it with SDL, but I’d prefer using cocos2d-x.
What would you say about it?

Yup, it’s up to me, but I’d like to know if it is stable enough for a game that should not crash and not do anything unexpected (it depends my reputation on this :p).

Hi guys!
I’m compiling Cocos2D-X in my Arch Linux and I got an error when issuing ./make-all-linux-project.sh :

g++ WallfPIC g3O0 ~~I…~~I…/platform/third_party/linux/libfreetype2 I…/cocoaI…/include I…/kazmath/includeI…/platform I…/…/extensionsI…/…/extensions/CCBReader I…/…/extensions/GUI/CCControlExtensionI…/…/extensions/GUI/CCControlExtension I…/…/extensions/networkI…/platform/linux/ ~~I…/platform/third_party/linux/glew-1.7.0/glew-1.7.0/include/~~I…/platform/third_party/linux/libxml2 I…/platform/third_party/linux/libpngI…/platform/third_party/linux/libjpeg I…/platform/third_party/linux/libtiff/includeI…/platform/third_party/linux/ DLINUXDCC_PLATFORM_FILEUTILS_CPP ~~DCC_PLATFORM_IMAGE_CPP~~DDEBUG …/actions/CCAction.o …/actions/CCActionCamera.o …/actions/CCActionEase.o …/actions/CCActionGrid.o …/actions/CCActionGrid3D.o …/actions/CCActionInstant.o …/actions/CCActionInterval.o …/actions/CCActionManager.o …/actions/CCActionPageTurn3D.o …/actions/CCActionProgressTimer.o …/actions/CCActionTiledGrid.o …/actions/CCActionCatmullRom.o …/actions/CCActionTween.o …/base_nodes/CCAtlasNode.o …/base_nodes/CCNode.o …/cocoa/CCAffineTransform.o …/cocoa/CCAutoreleasePool.o …/cocoa/CCGeometry.o …/cocoa/CCNS.o …/cocoa/CCObject.o …/cocoa/CCSet.o …/cocoa/CCZone.o …/cocoa/CCArray.o …/cocoa/CCDictionary.o …/cocoa/CCString.o …/effects/CCGrabber.o …/effects/CCGrid.o …/keypad_dispatcher/CCKeypadDelegate.o …/keypad_dispatcher/CCKeypadDispatcher.o …/label_nodes/CCLabelAtlas.o …/label_nodes/CCLabelBMFont.o …/label_nodes/CCLabelTTF.o …/layers_scenes_transitions_nodes/CCLayer.o …/layers_scenes_transitions_nodes/CCScene.o …/layers_scenes_transitions_nodes/CCTransition.o …/layers_scenes_transitions_nodes/CCTransitionPageTurn.o …/layers_scenes_transitions_nodes/CCTransitionProgress.o …/menu_nodes/CCMenu.o …/menu_nodes/CCMenuItem.o …/misc_nodes/CCMotionStreak.o …/misc_nodes/CCProgressTimer.o …/misc_nodes/CCRenderTexture.o …/particle_nodes/CCParticleExamples.o …/particle_nodes/CCParticleSystem.o …/particle_nodes/CCParticleSystemQuad.o …/particle_nodes/CCParticleBatchNode.o …/platform/CCSAXParser.o …/platform/CCThread.o …/platform/platform.o …/platform/CCEGLViewProtocol.o …/platform/linux/CCStdC.o …/platform/linux/CCFileUtils.o …/platform/linux/CCCommon.o …/platform/linux/CCApplication.o …/platform/linux/CCEGLView.o …/platform/linux/CCImage.o …/script_support/CCScriptSupport.o …/sprite_nodes/CCAnimation.o …/sprite_nodes/CCAnimationCache.o …/sprite_nodes/CCSprite.o …/sprite_nodes/CCSpriteBatchNode.o …/sprite_nodes/CCSpriteFrame.o …/sprite_nodes/CCSpriteFrameCache.o …/support/CCPointExtension.o …/support/CCProfiling.o …/support/CCUserDefault.o …/support/TransformUtils.o …/support/base64.o …/support/ccUtils.o …/support/CCVertex.o …/support/CCNotificationCenter.o …/support/image_support/TGAlib.o …/support/zip_support/ZipUtils.o …/support/zip_support/ioapi.o …/support/zip_support/unzip.o …/support/data_support/ccCArray.o …/text_input_node/CCIMEDispatcher.o …/text_input_node/CCTextFieldTTF.o …/textures/CCTexture2D.o …/textures/CCTextureAtlas.o …/textures/CCTextureCache.o …/textures/CCTexturePVR.o …/tilemap_parallax_nodes/CCParallaxNode.o …/tilemap_parallax_nodes/CCTMXLayer.o …/tilemap_parallax_nodes/CCTMXObjectGroup.o …/tilemap_parallax_nodes/CCTMXTiledMap.o …/tilemap_parallax_nodes/CCTMXXMLParser.o …/tilemap_parallax_nodes/CCTileMapAtlas.o …/touch_dispatcher/CCTouchDispatcher.o …/touch_dispatcher/CCTouchHandler.o …/touch_dispatcher/CCTouch.o …/shaders/CCGLProgram.o …/shaders/ccGLStateCache.o …/shaders/CCShaderCache.o …/shaders/ccShaders.o …/…/extensions/CCBReader/CCBFileLoader.o …/…/extensions/CCBReader/CCMenuItemImageLoader.o …/…/extensions/CCBReader/CCBReader.o …/…/extensions/CCBReader/CCMenuItemLoader.o …/…/extensions/CCBReader/CCControlButtonLoader.o …/…/extensions/CCBReader/CCNodeLoader.o …/…/extensions/CCBReader/CCControlLoader.o …/…/extensions/CCBReader/CCNodeLoaderLibrary.o …/…/extensions/CCBReader/CCLabelBMFontLoader.o …/…/extensions/CCBReader/CCParticleSystemQuadLoader.o …/…/extensions/CCBReader/CCLabelTTFLoader.o …/…/extensions/CCBReader/CCScale9SpriteLoader.o …/…/extensions/CCBReader/CCLayerColorLoader.o …/…/extensions/CCBReader/CCScrollViewLoader.o …/…/extensions/CCBReader/CCLayerGradientLoader.o …/…/extensions/CCBReader/CCSpriteLoader.o …/…/extensions/CCBReader/CCLayerLoader.o …/…/extensions/CCBReader/CCBAnimationManager.o …/…/extensions/CCBReader/CCBKeyframe.o …/…/extensions/CCBReader/CCBSequence.o …/…/extensions/CCBReader/CCBSequenceProperty.o …/…/extensions/CCBReader/CCBValue.o …/…/extensions/CCBReader/CCData.o …/…/extensions/CCBReader/CCNode+CCBRelativePositioning.o …/…/extensions/GUI/CCScrollView/CCScrollView.o …/…/extensions/GUI/CCScrollView/CCSorting.o …/…/extensions/GUI/CCScrollView/CCTableView.o …/…/extensions/GUI/CCScrollView/CCTableViewCell.o …/…/extensions/GUI/CCControlExtension/CCControlButton.o …/…/extensions/GUI/CCControlExtension/CCControlColourPicker.o …/…/extensions/GUI/CCControlExtension/CCControl.o …/…/extensions/GUI/CCControlExtension/CCControlHuePicker.o …/…/extensions/GUI/CCControlExtension/CCControlSaturationBrightnessPicker.o …/…/extensions/GUI/CCControlExtension/CCControlSlider.o …/…/extensions/GUI/CCControlExtension/CCControlSwitch.o …/…/extensions/GUI/CCControlExtension/CCControlUtils.o …/…/extensions/GUI/CCControlExtension/CCInvocation.o …/…/extensions/GUI/CCControlExtension/CCScale9Sprite.o …/…/extensions/GUI/CCControlExtension/CCControlPotentiometer.o …/…/extensions/GUI/CCControlExtension/CCControlStepper.o …/…/extensions/network/HttpClient.o …/kazmath/src/aabb.o …/kazmath/src/plane.o …/kazmath/src/vec2.o …/kazmath/src/mat3.o …/kazmath/src/quaternion.o …/kazmath/src/vec3.o …/kazmath/src/mat4.o …/kazmath/src/ray2.o …/kazmath/src/vec4.o …/kazmath/src/neon_matrix_impl.o …/kazmath/src/utility.o …/kazmath/src/GL/mat4stack.o …/kazmath/src/GL/matrix.o …/CCCamera.o …/CCConfiguration.o …/CCDirector.o …/CCDrawingPrimitives.o …/CCScheduler.o …/cocos2d.o sharedo libcocos2d.so lglfwlGL lcurllfontconfig ~~Wl,~~rpath,…/…/cocos2dx/platform/third_party/linux/glew-1.7.0/glew-1.7.0/lib L…/…/cocos2dx/platform/third_party/linux/glew-1.7.0/glew-1.7.0/liblGLEW …/platform/third_party/linux/libraries/lib64/libfreetype.a …/platform/third_party/linux/libraries/lib64/libxml2.a …/platform/third_party/linux/libraries/lib64/libpng.a …/platform/third_party/linux/libraries/lib64/libjpeg.a …/platform/third_party/linux/libraries/lib64/libtiff.a
…/platform/third_party/linux/libraries/lib64/libxml2.a(relaxng.o): In function `xmlRelaxNGParsePattern’:
/home/jairo/code/personal/libs/libxml2-2.7.8/relaxng.c:4983:(.text+0x85b7): relocation truncated to fit: R_X86_64_PC32 against `.LC256’
…/platform/third_party/linux/libraries/lib64/libxml2.a(relaxng.o): In function `fprintf’:
/usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/bits/stdio2.h:98:(.text+0xde79): relocation truncated to fit: R_X86_64_PC32 against `.LC300’
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: * [libcocos2d.so] Error 1
make: Leaving directory `/home/mixu/appz/cocos2d-2.0-x-2.0.3/cocos2dx/proj.linux’

Any idea on this?

BTW, I used the official download.