Slider Menu Grid

Hello!
I copied the source code ported from cocos2D for iphone (http://brandonreynolds.com/blog/2011/01/09/cocos2d-sliding-menu-grid/), based on the source code on thread page K pop(http://www.cocos2d-x.org/boards/6/topics/9803). I corrected several errors and added a few features (tags for each page)

SlidingMenu.zip (3.5 KB)

SlidigMenu.zip (3.8 KB)

1 Like

wow. this is what I am looking for. got to try it out.

thanks

I hope you find useful, Emmy :slight_smile:

New version! I corrected some errors and changed the logic of adding elements of the array. The first items are added to the first page

Hi Vitaly Shumakov:

I tried Slider Menu Grid. It works very well. Thank you very much providing this wonderful code. I am wondering can you make it as a loop? if I slide menu to the last page if I continue slide the page , can you make it go to first page. same as the first page, if I continue slide the screen, can you make it go to the last page?

Thanks again

Emmy

The fact is that at the moment, the transition is carried out using the following code:

void SlidingMenuGrid::moveToCurrentPage()
{
    CCSize winSize = CCDirector::sharedDirector()->getWinSize();
    // Perform the action
    CCEaseBounce* action =CCEaseBounce::actionWithAction(CCMoveTo::actionWithDuration(fAnimSpeed*0.3f, GetPositionOfCurrentPage()));
    runAction(action);
}

If you simply navigate around the pages, then this code will scroll through all the pages are located between the first and last pages. To loop, I need to change the whole scheme of this piece of software. Of course, I think, but nothing yet I promise.

i fixed it :slight_smile: buildGrid buildGridVertical

void SlidingMenuGrid::buildGrid(int cols, int rows)
{
CCSize winSize = CCDirector::sharedDirector()>getWinSize;
int col = 0, row = 0;
CCArray* child = this
>getChildren();
CCObject* item;
CCARRAY_FOREACH(child, item)
{
CCMenuItemSprite* getItem = (CCMenuItemSprite**) item;
getItem~~>setPosition.x + col * padding.x + , this~~>getPosition.y - row** padding.y));
// getItem~~>setPosition.x+winSize.width/2,~~winSize.height/2));
**col;
if
{
col = 0;
**row;

if( row == rows )
{
iPageCount**;
CCLog;
col = 0;
row = 0;
}
}
}
if > rows*cols*iPageCount) <— add code for FIX
{
iPageCount**;+
}

}

1. example
    there is horisontal menugrid of cols 5 rows 2
    allItem count is 22

1 2 3 4 5 11 12 13 14 15 21 22
6 7 8 9 10 16 17 18 19 20

in previous code iPageCount is 2 (must be 3)

so i fix this bug have nice day :slight_smile: if you use my SlidingMenuGrid please add my Nickname by comment haha

Fixed a bug where a locked item indicated by the touch as the chosen.
Fixed a bug page counter by Mr. K pop (previous message)
Added the ability to be used as a descriptor page of any object pointer CCNode *
P.S. Mr. K pop, your nickname add everywhere in the code :wink:

Thanks for the bug fixing. Good job. I had to work around with this bug. I am so happy that it got fixed.

Excellent, Emmy :slight_smile:

Hi,

How to use it?

I was super excited to see this class out here, since I think it is pretty close in function to Cocos2d-extension-iPhone’s CCScrollLayer. Thanks Vitaly Shumakov for writing it!

Sadly, it looks like I’m going to have to adjust for the changes in the latest build of Cocos2d-x 2.0 (no more CCMutableArray, etc.).

Has anybody started on such an adjustment? I had thought at first it would be pretty straightforward but as I’ve gone on with it it looks more complicated than I had expected.

Already have SliderMenu converted to Cocos2d-2.0:

Paulo Coutinho wrote:

Already have SliderMenu converted to Cocos2d-2.0:
>
https://github.com/prsolucoes/cocos2d-x

Incredible! Thanks Paulo Coutinho!

Hi all,

I’m trying to use this sliding menu for my game and everything is working great. The only problem is that i cannot let the program know which button in the grid has been pressed. e.g If level 4 has been selected i’d like a function to return the value 4.

I’m trying to use the getTag() function but it always seems to return “–1”

Any suggestions?

`void LevelMenu::menuLevels(CCObject* pSender)
{
CCScene* levelSelect = HelloWorld::scene();

gameConfig.levelSelected = slidingMenu->getTag();  // not working :(
CCMenuItem test1 = slidingMenu->getSelectedItem(); //just trying to find the id
CCDirector::sharedDirector()->replaceScene(CCTransitionFade::transitionWithDuration(1.0f,levelSelect));

}`

Hi Dean!
Before using getTag () you have to set the ID of the tag using the setTag (). –1 means that the identifier for this menu item is not set.

Thank you very much for the quick reply Vitaly, it’s worked a treat! :smiley:

Hi,

Has someone used this sliding menu in cocos2d-2.0-x-2.0.4? I was able to show in the screen, it slides between pages but when a menu item is clicked the callback function is not called. I was debugging the code and I found that the “error” (I do not know if it is an error or something that I am not doing right) is in SlidingMenuGrid::GetItemWithinTouch method, the local ccpoint and the rect generated do not match…

Do you have also this error?

Thank you for your answers!

Hi,

I need it to last cocos2d-x version, anyone have it working with last version?

Thanks.

I updated the code to work on 2.0 (2.0.3), and I also added the option to set threshold in the constructor.

Thanks for this class! very useful!
I just have a question and a suggestion:
Can you give us an example on how to use it?
Also, more comments in cpp file would be much appreciated. Sorry, I come from a school where code comments were mandatory for every line.

Is this integrated in cocos2dx now or not?