FAQ & FORUM RULES. Please read before posting

Welcome! Welcome to cocos2d-x forum! Here’re some best practice for you to have a happy engagement with us.

How can I set my avartar/portrait on forum

The same as github.com accounts, your avartar here is linked to your Gravatar.com settings. You can link your registered email and your portrait on Gravatar.com, then it will be shown on both github.com and this forum.

Where can I find documents

• All titles of wiki pages are listed HERE, please check that you can not find the corresponding content before you ask.
  • [[Developers Manual]], I know you need it
  • [[HowTos]] involves some FAQ in the forum

Where can I find API References

• Online API [[Reference]] is here
  • You can find document/doxygen.config (v2.0.2 and higher), or doxygen/doxygen.cocos2d-x (v2.0.1 and lower) in cocos2d-x zipballs. Use doxygen to open this config file, run and generate your offline API Reference.

How to ask for help

• Always use English.
  • Search for your question on the forums first. It’s likely someone may have already answered your question, and you won’t have to waste time waiting for it to be answered again. In addition, moderators may delete questions that have already been asked in order to keep the “noise” down on the forums.
  • Always describe the the following infos for your question
    • Platform, e.g. iOS, Android, Windows.
    • SDK version. e.g. Android 4.1)
    • Target device, e.g. Samsung i9100
    • Version of cocos2d-x you using
  • Pasting source code or a sample project to reproduce your question/bug will apparently make the life easier
  • Use marks to high light your source code and make it more readable: <pre><code class=“cpp”>int yourcode = 10</code></pre>
  • Be friendly. Don’t post questions that appear to have a demanding or urgent tone to the words. Remember, your emergency or frustration isn’t likely to be shared by others.
  • Use meaningful title and descriptions to enable others to help, and facilitate future searches by other users.

How to report bugs?

*** We try to avoid “issues exploding” just like android community. To work effectively, the permission of creating issues is not open to everyone, but only for core developers & active contributors. So there’re 2 ways to report a bug:
*** (1) report bugs here, in this forum, if we check it’s really a bug, not a tech support or error usage / error installation, we will create issue for your report and trace it.
*** pull your bug fixes directly on github, send your pull request to github.com/cocos2d/cocos2d-x.git
h2. How can I contribute to the community?
*** Feel free to write tutorials in the wiki or in your blog (but please then link them via the wiki). Specific instructions on using the wiki can be found here

Thanks to all contributors!

1 Like

Good for you!

OpenFeint integration (by Diego Abad) can’t be access.

I found a bug in HttpClient.cpp method writeData(void ptr, size_t size, size_t nmemb, voidstream),
recvBuffer~~>clear;
recvBuffer~~>assign((char*)ptr, (char*)ptr + sizes);
the code above will lost data

below :
i fix it by using recvBuffer~~>insert, ptr, ptr + sizes); to replace recvBuffer~~>clear();
recvBuffer->assign((char*)ptr, (char*)ptr + sizes);

maybe it is a bug in 2.0.2

Hi C Zhang, do you mean that, HTTP operations will call writeData more than once with a single curl_easy_perform() ?

Walzer Wang wrote:

Hi C Zhang, do you mean that, HTTP operations will call writeData more than once with a single curl_easy_perform() ?

yeap,almost, should we consider it?

Hi zhang, I’ve fixed this bug, it will be release with v2.0.3

Walzer Wang wrote:

Hi zhang, I’ve fixed this bug, it will be release with v2.0.3
YES, I found it in github , thank you:D

hi, I found a bug (maybe) when I using HttpClient in muilti threading environment, my origin using like this:

for(int i = 0 ; i < 10; i++){
   ZCHttpClient::getInstance()->send(request);
}

it will excute configureCURL() in CCHttpClient 10 times, and it will call curl_easy_init() 10 times too, every times you call curl_easy_init() , the libcurl will call curl_global_init(long flags) first , so at this time , it maybe cause there are two threads calling curl_easy_init() , and they also call curl_global_init at one time ,but curl_global_init method is not thread safe ,so it will crash the process…
second, libcurl using alarm to decide timeout, so in muilti threading environment ,it maybe cause a alarm signal , but unlucky , this will cause crashing.

so ,I solve these problem by adding curl_global_init before curl_easy_init to fix problem 1, and add curl_easy_setopt(handle, CURLOPT_NOSIGNAL, 1L); in configureCURL().

alway use English?

LI LONG wrote:

alway use English?

Yeah, otherwise we will see Russian, Spanish, Korean, Japanese, Chinese all kinds of languages in this forum. That’s what I want to avoid.

Zhe Wang wrote:

LI LONG wrote:
> alway use English?
>
Yeah, otherwise we will see Russian, Spanish, Korean, Japanese, Chinese all kinds of languages in this forum. That’s what I want to avoid.

so does it~cheers for cocos2d-x~;)

缺少msvc文件夹,需要从1.3版本中拷贝进去才能安装2.1.4版本.希望官方及时更新
Error: The folder ‘msvc’ was not found.Need copy the folder from 2.1.3.

report a bug :

http://www.cocos2d-x.org/boards/6/topics/31292

Zhe Wang wrote:

Welcome! Welcome to cocos2d-x forum! Here’re some best practice for you to have a happy engagement with us.
>
h2. How can I set my avartar/portrait on forum
>
The same as github.com accounts, your avartar here is linked to your Gravatar.com settings. You can link your registered email and your portrait on Gravatar.com, then it will be shown on both github.com and this forum.
>
h2. Where can I find documents
>
* All titles of wiki pages are listed HERE, please check that you can not find the corresponding content before you ask.
* [[Developers Manual]], I know you need it
* [[HowTos]] involves some FAQ in the forum
>
h2. Where can I find API References
>
* Online API [[Reference]] is here
* You can find document/doxygen.config (v2.0.2 and higher), or doxygen/doxygen.cocos2d-x (v2.0.1 and lower) in cocos2d-x zipballs. Use doxygen to open this config file, run and generate your offline API Reference.
>
h2. How to ask for help
>
* Always use English.
* Search for your question on the forums first. It’s likely someone may have already answered your question, and you won’t have to waste time waiting for it to be answered again. In addition, moderators may delete questions that have already been asked in order to keep the “noise” down on the forums.
* Always describe the the following infos for your question
* Platform, e.g. iOS, Android, Windows.
>
* SDK version. e.g. Android 4.1)
* Target device, e.g. Samsung i9100
>
* Version of cocos2d-x you using
* Pasting source code or a sample project to reproduce your question/bug will apparently make the life easier
* Use marks to high light your source code and make it more readable: <pre><code class=“cpp”>int yourcode = 10</code></pre>
* Be friendly. Don’t post questions that appear to have a demanding or urgent tone to the words. Remember, your emergency or frustration isn’t likely to be shared by others.
* Use meaningful title and descriptions to enable others to help, and facilitate future searches by other users.
>
h2. How to report bugs?
>
* We try to avoid “issues exploding” just like android community. To work effectively, the permission of creating issues is not open to everyone, but only for core developers & active contributors. So there’re 2 ways to report a bug:
>
* (1) report bugs here, in this forum, if we check it’s really a bug, not a tech support or error usage / error installation, we will create issue for your report and trace it.
* pull your bug fixes directly on github, send your pull request to github.com/cocos2d/cocos2d-x.git
>
h2. How can I contribute to the community?
>
>
* Feel free to write tutorials in the wiki or in your blog (but please then link them via the wiki). Specific instructions on using the wiki can be found here
>
Thanks to all contributors!

I’ve wrote some article in my blogger, but still not understand how to use wiki and link to my blogger when I read wiki tutorials.

Sorry for my stupid question.><

I cannot post on your forum. I get “You cannot read this resource” when I try to post a new topic.

Well, I see you created the account 2 hours ago and I think you need more permissions.

where’s the button to create a discussion?

Please follow the rules in order to post. Did you get an email when you signed up?