Poll: What is important to document?

I agree with all of the posters above me. But I also must mention that the documentation has improved over the last year, especially the Programmers Handbook!

I did vote on Setup and Installation for one reason: It would be great to know how a solid workflow is setup. With solid, I mean, develop, DEBUG and build and not only for XCode, but for Android, WinPhone, etc.

In my opinion, cocos2d-x is great, it’s free, lightweight and fast. But to seriously develop and debug games fast, the toolchain simply sucks. One has to jump through to many hoops and use too many tools (especially for Android in combination with c++).

So yes, please explain a efficient development workflow - also new user could greatly benefit from this.

2 Likes

Thank you for writing this. We know we have areas to improve in.

For docs, I am working on a unified docs system (that is already partially live) and adding more and more each week. We will have all docs in a single place (English versions).

Workflow is a good idea. I will put this on my list for later this week. We simply need this.

I second this also…

Need more consistent docs with all the outdated docs, etc removed.

Also, as @MichaelContento has said, stability is better than new feature/products especially if you expect this engine to be used by more professional developers/studios.