PLEASE HELP! I Can’t create a new project with Cocos new command

Hi, I am new in Cocos, I just installed cocos2d-x 3.16 . I ran the python setup file and all the paths were configured correctly

Now, I want to create a new project in Cocos2d-x with the Cocos new command, but the project is not created and only appears a Python Unicode error message.

I’m using python 2.7.x because I was asked by an installation tutorial that I consulted, should I install a version 3.x of Python to recognize the encoding of those files?. Here is a pic of the error message:

error cocos

I could not even create a new project to learn how to use it due to that UnicodeDecodeError. Is there someone in the forum who knows how to change the coding of my pc?.

It’s obviously because of your username, it contains like special characters í and space. I bet if you create a new user named User - everything will be ok.

1 Like

More tactfully than @anon98020523, we dont allow special characters or spaces in paths. Also, it is sometimes necessary to set UTF8 with an environment variable depending upon your system setup.

2 Likes

Yeah!, I created a new user without special characters and spaces in the name and deleted the former one. And now it works!. Thank you very much!!.