Particles in cocos creator

Hi, im trying to implement some particles in cocos creator but i don’t know how to play or emit.
I have the next particles, made with Parcticle Designer software.

then i add a particle system node to the scene:

I also add the firework_pink.plist to the file, and check the preview and Play On Load to true. But nothing happend in the editor, i also started the game but nothing happend, i see the Particle System Api, but i didn’t found any function to play it when i want. like BANG, shoot in a gun or something. I found a lot of methods to stop, restart, etc.

Working in 2.1 right now.

Any help will be really apreciated.

try with

if that works means that Particle Design its not compatible

@Andres_IC really thank you for your reply. I think this is not possible. Cocos and particle design is 100% compatible for sure, when you export in particle design, you can mark for cocos explicitly.

With what function can i play the particles?

by code is resetsystem() resetSystem ()

So, to play it first time you need to do a reset? It’s a little bit extrange hahahaha, really thank you!

wait. the particles should begin with playonload as you have it.

you asked how to initialize by code.
did you try with an empty scene?
maybe the particles are behind something

It’s awesome to have people that tries to help! Really thank you!

It’s really extrange. If i put my particles, nothing happens, but if i put the particles of the link that you provided it works. But if i put your particles and the i change the file to my particles it works with the preview and play on load, but in the gameplay nothing happens, tomorrow i can add some video that reflect that, i don’t know if i found a bug.

Yeah, i tryed without background and all, only particles, nothing shoots.

Sorry i never used Particle Designer.
once with Particle2dx my particles didn’t work because it did not embedded the textures

Can you provide your particle resources?

Hi @Big_Bear, I attach some of the particles.

Particles.zip (1.5 KB)

the texture that you used in these particles is missing

1 Like

Oh, seems like my artist has made a boo boo.
The texture have to be inside the .plist or in a separated file?

in a separated file and import both of them into the editor

1 Like

@Big_Bear Thanks i found the issue, Sorry… we are starting from scratch as new studio with cocos and we are a little bit novices…