Participate in Cocos Code IDE Survey, Win Limited Edition T-shirts!

We have received so many advices,thank you so much!The advices can help us to improve Cocos Code IDE more effectively.

Now we have selected three x-men who will get the Cocos2d-x T-shirts.They are——

reyanthonyrenacia 
kowciany
kazuki

Congratulations!!!Please send your contact information to

pingping.lin@chukong-inc.com

before October 10th,including your address, mobile phone number, postal code and which color T-shirt do you want.

We will have more and more award events in the future.Let’s wait and see what happens.

English Version:

Cocos Code IDE is created by the Cocos2d-x team - Eclipse-based, cross platform and permanent free. The powerful tool is developed for Lua and JavaScript developers of Cocos 2d-x, and since released it has attracted tens of thousands of developers.
The team will optimize and improve Cocos Code IDE ongoingly. We will collect and cherish each message from every developers and do our best to make Cocos Code IDE be the best development tools.
To give our thanks to our passionate developers, we’ve specially prepared several official limited edition T-shirts; hope you guys would like it.
【Questions】

1. Which languages are you using, C++, Lua, or/and JavaScript?
  2. Have you tried Cocos Code IDE?
  3. If yes, how did you like it? Any suggestions, advice, or complaints?
  4. If no, why didn’t you want to give it a try?Would you consider try Cocos Code IDE in the future?
  5. Are you using similar tools? What are the advantages of the tools?

【Activity Time】
2014.9.15 - 9.26

【the Award】
Limited Edition Cocos2d-x T-shirts

日本語版:

Cocos Code IDEはCocosエンジン公式チームが開発のコードエディタとして、Eclipseベース、永久無料です。正式に発表した後、Cocos 2d-xのLua とJavaScript開発者たちのために開発するCocos Code IDEがもう数万開発者からの強い支持を受けるようになりました。本当にありがとうございました。

現在Cocos Code IDEも改善中です。これからも開発者の大切な意見を集めて、完璧なコードエディタを目指して頑張ります。皆さんのご意見を感謝するために、限定プレゼントを用意し、お好きになるよう祈ります。

【活動ルール】
次の質問に答えて!ご褒美として限定Tシャツが手に入るかもしれないよ!

1、C++, Lua, JavaScript, どの開発言語を使っています?
2、Cocos Code IDEを利用したことがありますか?
“はい”の方へ:
3\もし経験があれば、何かご意見がありますか?

“いいえ”の方へ:
4、もし一度でもない、原因は何ですか?これからは体験予定がありますか?
5、現在何かCocos Code IDEと似てるコードエディタを使っているか?そのコードエディタのポイントが何ですか?教えてください!ありがとう。

【活動時間】
2014.9.15−9.26

【イベントプレゼント】
限定Tシャツ(数枚)

ps:【Cocos Code IDE部分機能の紹介】
Luaの部分的型推論とコード補完
型がないのに型推論が効くのでとても便利
ビルドとデバッグ
ブレークポイントとコンソールがLuaでも使える 変数の確認 コールスタックの確認など
リソースの動的更新
アプリ内にTCPサーバを2つ立ててランタイムに更新処理(デバッグ中にプログラムが変更でき、即時反映される)

한국어:

【Cocos Code IDE】경품부조사를 참여하고 리미티드 티셔츠를 가져가세요!
Cocos Code IDE는 Cocos 엔진 공식 개발팀이 개발하는 코드 편집기 이며 Eclipsed을 기반으로 멀티 플랫폼을 지원하고 무료로 이용할 수 있는 IDE입니다.
Cocos Code IDE는 Cocos 2d-x에 Lua과 JavaScript를 이용하는 개발자를 위한 강하고 편의한 “개발자의 신기한 무기”입니다.발표한 후엔 수 많은 개발자들은 이용하기 시작했습니다.
지금 Cocos Code IDE는 여전히 계속 최적화되고 개선되고 있습니다.우리는 개발자들의 의견을 여심히 수집하고 중요시해서 최선을 다 해서 상품을 최고의 개발툴 중에 하나로 만들겠습니다.좋은 의견을 제공하는 개발자를 감사한 마음으로 우리는 선물로 틀별한 공식 리미티드 티셔츠를 준비했습니다.마음에 들시길 바립니다.
【질문】
1.어느 언어를 이용하고 계십니까?C++입니까?루아 입니까?아니면 자바스크립트 입니까?
2.Cocos Code IDE를 이용하 신 적이 있나요?
3.이용한 적이 있으시면 어떻게 생각합니까?어떤 의견과 불만한 점이 있으십니까?
4.이용한 적이 없으시면 안 이용한 이유는 뭡니까? 앞으로 Cocos Code IDE를 이용할 생각이 있으십니까?
5.비슷한 툴을 이용하고 계십니까?그 툴은 어떤 장점이 가지고 있어요?
【행사 기간】
2014.9.15−9.26
【행사 상품】
리미티드 티셔츠(몇 벌)

1 Like
  1. C++. Considering to use Lua for small scripts, but the main code is still in C++.
  2. Nope.

3. See 5.
  4. I’m using Microsoft Visual Studio which is one of the best IDEs on the market. I feel comfortable with it.
2 Likes
  1. C++ and Javacript
    I tried to learn cocos2d-x v3.x but it had no tutorial project anywhere, so I had to switch to cocos2dJS v3.x which provided me with 2 projcet tutorials. This framework helped me understanding cocos2d-x also at the same time.

2. Yes, it is the first tool I used for making my first cocos2D game using Javascript.
    I also using Eclipse for cocos2d-x project

3. It is very focussed tool for cocos2dJS development and so its features. Its a great tool. And I like auto-complete the most which is still not so strong in eclipse for cocos2d-x projcets.
    I am very comfortable with the features with what cocosIDE rc2 provides. I’ll hope for better auto-complete options, which I’ve already given feedback for in a different post.
    4)----

4. No other tool, as for cocos2dJS, cocosIDE is the best and simple tool to use.

1. C++ only :smiley: No LUA yet.
    2)Currently using CocosIde. Small issues but pretty easy to configure/play with it.
    3)Hmm,only to correct small bugs… But It’s a pretty good product right now
    4)Currently using.
    5)Using tools for graphic processing but primary IDE is CocosIDE. :smiley:
  1. Javascript.
  2. Yes.
  3. Yes.
    • I’m still learning to use Cocos2D JS, and Cocos Code IDE is a very good tools for helping me making cross platform game (HTML5, iOS, and Android).
    • The software is quite stable but sometimes the performance a little bit laggy.
    • I hope there are more tutorial for using Cocos Code IDE and Cocos2D JS.
  4. Currently using.
  1. C++ with currently no real intention of changing
  2. I downloaded an early version which didn’t appear to run, and went no further - as I currently have no real use for it
  3. If it did C++ I would be using it now! I may dabble in javascript in the future, in which case I would certainly try it
  4. I use XCode and AppCode. - the advantage is that it’s C++ !!

one comment I’d like to make, and that is that I prefer me tools to be quite flexible - that is, I don’t want a tool that tries to help me generate a game - I prefer to use tools to perform each part (writing code, designing sprites, designing physics objects etc. etc.) because that gives me flexibility to break the rules and innovate (e.g. I currently use my own physics sprite and my own animation classes)
to me, and IDE needs to concentrate on writing, checking, and compiling code quickly.

C++

Yes, but only supports Lua and Javascript, so just opened it :stuck_out_tongue:

I think using Eclipse as base is the best way to build a full-customized cocos2d-x IDE

4. If no, why didn’t you want to give it a try? Would you consider try Cocos Code IDE in the future?
    I’m waiting for a C++ version :smiley: Maybe we use Lua, so Cocos Code IDE will be our choice for sure.

We use Eclipse and XCode. We already know how to use them.

1. C++.
  2. Nope but I will. :smile:
  3. N/A
  4. I am using Xcode(because I use an iPhone device to develop), Eclipse to develop .I prefer Xcode because It’s easy to debug, analyze memory with a strong Adtrustment, Memory leak detect, source code file, methods navigation. Switch to prev class opened .etc. It’s really cool.
  1. C++

2. Yes, I downloaded it a couple of weeks ago to see what it is.

3. I liked the autofill. And did not notice any significant performance slowdown.

4. At the moment I do not use it because i am too accustomed to languages ​​like Java and C ++. I knew a little JS a long time ago, but I do not feel that I am aware of all the depth and the concept of this language. I will try the Code IDE after our first project will be released, I hope that after that I will have more time to study something new.

5. I use the eclipse. Now I’m developing only under android, so for me it is most convenient.

1. C++
  2. No, Downloaded it and found it is not for C++.
  3. Can’t say as it’s not available for C++.
  4. Surely will do if you will release a C++ version.
  5. Using xCode. Main advantage is it’s great integration with iOS simulator.
  1. C++ and Javascript

2. Yes, I’ve been using it for the last month with JS(B) projects

3. I like it pretty well. I enjoy the intellisense and project setup as well as easy debugging, but I haven’t learned the keymap for certain functions like switching code tabs (cmd+] in most OSX apps), for example. There are a few editing tasks that vim or sublime text is better at such as multiple selection and block selection, among others. The save + hot reload is a nice feature, and maybe it can work like this with specific files, but I still use Chrome debugger sometimes when I want to edit code in place to update the position of a sprite without restarting the Scene. If that exists it doesn’t work for me, and if it doesn’t exist yet, I would love to see the chromium debugger system integrated more thoroughly. But it’s easy enough to test cocos2d-js projects in chrome with source and file save mapping.

4. N/A

5. I sort of answered it in previous question. Text Editors offer many capabilities for manipultating text not found in most IDEs. XCode or Visual Studio are often better for source editing as they’re more performant and the key bindings and behavior is well known, for me anyway. I’m also fine using multiple tools to get the job done…

1- Which languages are you using, C++, Lua, or/and JavaScript?
Javascript

2- Have you tried Cocos Code IDE?
YES

3- If yes, how did you like it? Any suggestions, advice, or complaints?
yes I like it too much, I suggest simplifying the plugins configuration and facebook integration to be directly through the IDE.

4- If no, why didn’t you want to give it a try?Would you consider try Cocos Code IDE in the future?
N/A

5- Are you using similar tools? What are the advantages of the tools?
shortness the development time and making the developer concentrate more on requirement delivery rather than solution and project files management.

Which languages are you using, C++, Lua, or/and JavaScript?

• C++
    Have you tried Cocos Code IDE?
  • Nope, only VisualStudio
    If yes, how did you like it? Any suggestions, advice, or complaints?

If no, why didn’t you want to give it a try?Would you consider try Cocos Code IDE in the future?

• yes if it supports C++
    Are you using similar tools? What are the advantages of the tools?
  • using Microsoft Visual Studio with VisualAssist, efficiency(MVS) and shortcuts(VA)

Which languages are you using, C++, Lua, or/and JavaScript?

• C++
    Have you tried Cocos Code IDE?
  • No
    If yes, how did you like it? Any suggestions, advice, or complaints?

If no, why didn’t you want to give it a try?Would you consider try Cocos Code IDE in the future?

• I use Linux OS but Cocos Code IDE not support Linux OS.
    Are you using similar tools? What are the advantages of the tools?
  • Using Eclipse. It support Linux, Windows, Mac …
    • C++ and Lua. But most of the time C++ based.
    • Haven’t tried out that yet, I’m using vs2013 and ST3
    • I’ll try it out! :smile:
  4. If no, why didn’t you want to give it a try?Would you consider try Cocos Code IDE in the future?
    • I’ll consider to use Cocos Code IDE. :smiley:
  • I haven’t check out cocos code ide yet so i can’t give advantage over the other IDE’s but visual studio have this comment convention e.i. < summary > and < params > tag, gives that pop out description of function’s functionality. It’s gives me that information at a glance, and preventing me to open the file and check what it does. Plus the simple debugging tools of vs like call stack, watch, and output window is very useful. :wink:

BTW, Cocos2dx is awesome guys. Love it!

C++ and JavaScript

1. Have you tried Cocos Code IDE?

Yes

1. If yes, how did you like it? Any suggestions, advice, or complaints?

Performances aren’t top notch, but I suspect that’s the Eclipse platform as it’s pretty much the same with other products based on the same technology.
Autocompletion lags at times.
I wonder if you would consider using IntelliJ as the base instead of Eclipse (pretty much the same route the Android guys have gone)

1. If no, why didn’t you want to give it a try?Would you consider try Cocos Code IDE in the future?

I’m using it :slight_smile:

1. Are you using similar tools? What are the advantages of the tools?

I use XCode, but I can’t say that it’s got any advantages if not that it can compile C++ code. For JS I usually use WebSphere that is much better than Eclipse.

1、C++, Lua, JavaScript, どの開発言語を使っています?
C++

2、Cocos Code IDEを利用したことがありますか?
いいえ

“いいえ”の方へ:
4、もし一度でもない、原因は何ですか?これからは体験予定がありますか?
C++ がサポートされ、 iOS 向けの開発のときに、Xcodeよりも便利にコーディングできれば。

5、現在何かCocos Code IDEと似てるコードエディタを使っているか?そのコードエディタのポイントが何ですか?教えてください!ありがとう。
いいえ Xcodeがほとんどです。

->C++ and JavaScript

1. Have you tried Cocos Code IDE?

No

1. If yes, how did you like it? Any suggestions, advice, or complaints?

Not Used.

1. If no, why didn’t you want to give it a try?Would you consider try Cocos Code IDE in the future?

working on linux as it is more suitable for development. cocos2dx on windows is still a pain.
May be will give Cocos Code IDE a shot in future :slight_smile:

1. Are you using similar tools? What are the advantages of the tools?

I have used Xcode , Eclipse as i feel more comfortable with them .
for Js i used webstorm which is really good interface and its fast , a lot of features are available and easy integeration.

Just starting with cocos2dx so hope this helps :

1. C++
  2. No
  3. No
  4. I will in the future.
  5. I use Xcode and Eclipse. I do not know much about other tools.
  1. C++
  2. いいえ
  3. XCodeが便利なのでそちらを使っています。
  4. XCodeを使っています。