Opening project error ((Trying to upload on Playstore))

This project was made by someone on Freelancer for me.
I don’t know how to code or to read it.
This is an Android App.
How can I make it past this error?
And how can I import this into Play Store? I see there is a tutorial on youtube, hope it’s still relevant as it is a bit old.
In the screenshot you can see the project files and the error…

Please help me finish this, I’ve been ignoring this for too long, I feel as if I wasted money for nothing.

You are using the wrong tool. You are using Cocos Creator and you don’t have a Cocos Creator project. Looking at your file system you have a cocos2d-x project.

Did they use Android Studio or the command-line?

Alright I’ll try and install that then.
The dev used C++ too

Appreciate the response!

download Android Studio.
File > Open Project > Select the proj.android-studio folder > install the needed android parts that will be mentioned in the console > press the green play button to run a test.

To build for release (store version)
Project > Create signed apk > follow the steps there.

Here are two screens merged, these are the steps I followed. Reopened the project and it suggest to migrate to Gradle

Keep doing what Studio tells you to do.

I’m trying to ‘‘Migrate by creating a new empty project’’
And I’m this step: ''Navigate to the location you selected for your new project and move the code, unit tests, instrumentation tests, and resources from your old project directories into the correct locations in your new project structure. ‘’

So is this the right step? Do I overwrite everything? Or do I have to go into the app folder and copy-paste into the empty project?

You don’t need to move anything.

PM me with how to get a copy of your project and let me take a look at this. I don’t think this should be complicated.

Someone from here tried helping.

So far the Cocos compile failed

He also tried in XCode and it fails for missing a header. https://imgur.com/a/5uKsfZb (showed this to the devs who made this app and they claim they sent the finished project… They said ‘open & debug in cocos2dx

I could upload the test project I was trying for you.

Alright, please do it.

Or should I just post the link I’ve sent you?

I made modifications to attempt to get it running in Android Studio and iOS, but post what you have and maybe I can get enough bandwidth to upload tonight. My internet connection is not working and I’m using LTE through my phone the last 2 days.

The fact the developers are telling you to “right click and open in Cocos2d-x” is alarming because we don’t offer anything like this and how would an end user be able to play your game this way?

So you must have to build it. I can tell you your missing headers are cause for concern as well.

1 Like