Openfeint Gone! GREE not compiling. Help!

Hi there,

I’m half way through porting my iphone cocos2d game Lexigon to cocos2d-x. Got the game engine working, but now need to port the 3rd party stuff, gamecenter equiv.

I had decided on Openfeint, but all the web links point to GREE and it just doesn’t work for me. It seems you need to compile up the Gree jar files yourself, I get lots of errors: missing dirs, java.io.Serializable cannot be resolved, unable to resolve target ‘android-14’ etc.

It looks like the current GREE version is just days old, maybe it’s a bit too beta code?

Has anyone got this version working? Or is there an alternative? (I just want a free and popular high score table)

thanks

LazyBrush

(PS: cocos2d rocks. cocos2d-x rocks.)

Hi,
I didn’t try GREE yet, but I’ll soon will.
It is new, so there might be bugs…
You can try Scoreloop instead.

below is from the SDK download site, i guess i wouldn’t expect it to work until 6/1 unless you use the sandbox or whatever

・Do not release to Google Play for Android apps.
※For GREE Platform, activating application is available from June 1st at 4AM(JST).
・Do not release to the App Store for iOS apps as well.
※When going through app review (Apple submission), please configure settings to “Pending Developer Release”.

Hi,

Thanks for the replies. Yeah, I tried GREE with the sandbox but didn’t work.

Thanks for the Scoreloop alternative. Got that downloaded, and managed to run the demo without any problems.
So gonna try Scoreloop.

thanks

LazyBrush

I find this tutorial , but is cocos2d. I try to pass to C++ but doesnt work , some cocos2dx guru help

the cocos2dx must have a different flow in the viewController , my widget of GRee dont appear , no error or warning in console.

thanks

Lazy Brush wrote:

Hi,
>
Thanks for the replies. Yeah, I tried GREE with the sandbox but didn’t work.
>
Thanks for the Scoreloop alternative. Got that downloaded, and managed to run the demo without any problems.
So gonna try Scoreloop.
>
thanks
>
LazyBrush

I got it working in cocos2d-x. We may have met on that blog thread!

Where the blog author wanted you to use the line “self.window.rootViewController”, just exclude the “self.” because it mucks stuff up. I added mine so that it looks roughly like this, and this got it to show up:

@
// Use RootViewController manage EAGLView
viewController = [[RootViewController alloc] initWithNibName:nil bundle:nil];
viewController.wantsFullScreenLayout = YES;
viewController.view = __glView;

// Set RootViewController to window
[window addSubview: viewController.view];
[window makeKeyAndVisible];

[[UIApplication sharedApplication] setStatusBarHidden: YES];

//cocos2d-x v1.0
window.rootViewController = viewController;

cocos2d::CCApplication::sharedApplication().run();