Obfuscator for cc

Hi, one of shortcomings of cc is lack of obfuscator for web builds .
The minified js files are easily hacked , so we need a very good obfuscator.
This obfuscator can be in build window or someone create an obfuscator extension for cc.

:face_with_raised_eyebrow: We really need this.

1 Like

Can’t you just run the code through an obfuscator after a production build?

I used some obfusecator but one of them worked , the premium version of javascriptobfuscator.com worked for me.
The only option of premium that I have needed was cross file option.The premuim version of obfusecator is so expensive 36$/month.
:face_with_raised_eyebrow::thinking:

I’ve used some node obfuscators a few times before but I can’t remember which.
If it’s really important not to cheat, shouldn’t you be doing server side validation anyway?
I mean, obfuscation won’t prevent problems entirely.

jscrambler is a good one but also costs money

you’ll be hard pressed to find an obfuscator that is really good that doesn’t cost money

on a side note i would also recommend Closure Compiler, it’s not really an obfuscator but great in it’s own right

i would also say from a philosophical perspective, when it comes to games, if someone wants to reverse engineer what you did, they can do it, but would you yourself take the time to reverse engineer a game you saw or as a game engineer, wouldn’t you just recreate it using your own knowledge? I was initially very worried about someone stealing my code and forgeing a copy of my game, but the reality is that it’s just super unlikely that it will happen, and if it does, you really can’t do anything to stop it.

Yes I know this, but obfuscating makes this work hard to do!!