Newbie question: How to develop iOS app on Windows?

I’ve read that Cocos Creator & Cocos-x are “cross-platforms” so I think: Just need to craft a project on Windows then I can build/compile my cocos-project to “ipa”(iphone app) and “apk”(adroid app) DIRECTLY on Windows. Now I know that’s impossible for “ipa”.

Some topics on this forum told me that I need MAC-OS to do that using X-CODE.

I know a bit about X-CODE but I prefer to develop my project on Windows and I hope I can (If not, what’s the point of “cross-platform” feature that Cocos provided). I guess that there must be some intermediate product that Cocos Creator “exports” to and I can import it to XCODE (or some other compiler that simulate XCode) but I don’t know what they are and how to do.

So please help me (technically) with step by step, such as : Open ABC, download IJK export to XYZ then extract MNO to PQR… blah blah)

Thank you so much !

You can do it follow the steps:

1. Create a Cocos Creator project on Windows.
  2. Edit your project & coding on Windows. (You can preview the effect of your project on Windows)
  3. When the project is ready for generating ipa. Copy the project folder into a Mac machine (DO NOT copy the build folder.)
  4. Open the project with Cocos Creator on Mac.
  5. Then you can generate the xcode project for your project with Project->Build menu in Cocos Creator:
  6. Once you click the Build button, the xcode project will be generated in folder framewroks/runtime-src/proj.ios_mac of the Build Path in several minutes.
1 Like

Thank you. I’ve found the same way a few days ago.
But you answer is very helpful for some other newbies.
Anyway, thank you!

If you windows Machine is powerful enough to run Virtual Machine running OS X and can compile Cocos Projects… It can save you money worth a Mac.