NEW USERS READ THIS! New User Guidance

I’m new here, and hope can learn from you guys.

Hi everyone. I just downloaded Cocos 2d. I will be reading thorugh these posts to get started, and I hope to interact with some of you in the future.

我是新来的,希望可以向你们学习。

你好。 欢迎。 您可以在“Cocos-BCX”类别中编写中文。 所有其他类别请写英文。 谢谢!

Hi,Hello World,hehe

Hi all! I have used Cocos2d js for the last couple years, and love the control if gives me as a developer. I recently left my designer job and am working on mobile puzzle games using the cocos engine, would love to participate in this community.

1 Like

Hi
Just started using Cocos Creator. I’ve been in the industry for about 8 years, mostly using Unity and C# with HLSL.

Cheers,
Jake

Hi - possibly going from AS3 to Cocos! Let the learning begin. :sunglasses: ChzBoi

Hi, cocos creator have a lot of potential but the documentations are or unclear, or out of date or inexistant so you need to really work on that point :slight_smile:

Where are you looking? Our docs are not outdated. They may need more info in places but they are built for each and every release.

Edit: I see from your other post you are trying to implement SDKBOX with Cocos Creator and running into some issues. I have tagged an engineer to take a look.

Hi, thanks for your reply.
Nearly 3 months ago when i started learning cocos creator, every google search i’ve made about how to use this or that in creator bring me mostly to some chinese manual (on github or other websites) that after being translated explain what i searched for but for old version, and i was pretty sure they are official doc according to the way they were written. Now, these docs doesn’t show up in my search result anymore since only the english result that i often open does, but i guess they are still there?
And sorry for my bad english.

Our docs are here.

Post a Hi in this thread.

Hi cocos2d-x

Welcome everyone! Let’s make some games.

Hello, everyone!

As suggested in the original post - passing by and saying hi. I am relatively new into game development, and have not touched neither Lua, nor JavaScript so far, but I cannot wait to do so in the nearest future to script properly!

The only games I made were small projects for learning purpose and they were done in Python, using *arcade and *pygame libraries.

And of course I am looking forward to join this awesome community. Happy NY and CNY!

Hi? Hi
Post must be at least 10 characters… Have you tried the button?

Hello. I am new to the community and have so much to learn. I am actually a high school teacher trying to help my students utilize their new understanding of coding (using javascript) to code a game they have designed. We have been researching different game engines and thought this sounded like a great option.

1 Like

Awesome. Nice to meet you. Please feel free to reach out if you need anything.

Are you using Cocos Creator?

I’m trying to download it right now. The .7z file through me off. It’s downloading now.

Question: Do I have to use visual studio to work here? If so, why use cocos instead of just using visual studio?

I mean … other than the AWESOME community here. =0)