Need help!! Differences between cocos2d-family

Hi!
I’m starting to investigate with games for movile devices. And I’ve read about cocos2d to do them, but now I have a big mess on my mind about cocos2d-iphone, cocos2d-x, or cocos-2d-javascript, and also JS bindings. At the very beginning I thought about cocos2d-iphone ’cause I was trying to develop for iPad, but knowing the choices now, if I have a background with java and javascript, maybe doing it with cocos2d-x is a better option, and also multi-platform something that I definetily need

So any advice or direction ??

How mach functions like social servicies or interaction with servers you want to use? What commercial interests do you have?

It’s something educational (at least at the moment…) There’s nothing social, ’cause it’s for kids, I just want to do the usual interactions with ipad in a game… But I read about cocos2d-javascript as good way of doing something cross-platform.

Alicia García wrote:

It’s something educational (at least at the moment…) There’s nothing social, ’cause it’s for kids, I just want to do the usual interactions with ipad in a game… But I read about cocos2d-javascript as good way of doing something cross-platform.

So use cocos2d-javascript or cocos2d-x.

ok! But what’s the difference ? Do I have any restriction with any of them?

You also have Cocos2d-XNA which can run on top of MonoGame. That will get you to nearly every platform, including Windows AppStore, Linux desktop, etc. We don’t do blackberry at the moment.

If your educational game has 3d elements in it, then cocos2d-javascript may not be the best solution. The adoption of webgl is not as pervasive as one would like when targeting HTML5 as a cross platform solution.

Hi! I was also considering the HTML5 way and I have some doubts.

I need to develop games for Android, iOS, and web (HTML5/Flash).
So… I should use cocos2d-html5, isn’t it? And then it can export to Android and iOS.
Because using cocos2d-x would not export to html5.
I’m used to c++, but I should learn HTML5 and Javascript.

BTW, I haven’t seen much, but I’ll ask… is there any In-App purchasing possibility and In-App Ads?