My first game with Cocos2d-x: Split!

Hi everyone :hand:
I have released my first game made with Cocos2d-x on Google Play -

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.yetanothergamedev.Split

Thanks to everyone from the Cocos2d-x community for making such a great engine and providing great support on the forums! :+1:

Please let me know any feedback, suggestions, complaints or criticisms that you may have. :grinning:

Congrats on the release! Will there be an iOS version?

1 Like

Thank you Jason :smiley:

I’m not sure yet, the code should be easy to port (I’ll only need to change the sharing button and the vibration), so if I can get access to a mac I’ll definitely do it.

Oh and I’m planning to add online multiplayer if I get enough downloads, do you know any good (preferably free because I’m not making any money here) online framework which can support bots in case there aren’t enough players online?

I honestly don’t know of any frameworks like this. I think I have heard of RakNet…but I have never checked it out.

Thanks I’ll check it out.
Maybe I can use socket.io which is included in Cocos2d-x

Why do you need bots? You could just start an offline game if no other players are around. Isn’t this the same as playing against bots?

BTW: I like the simplicity of the game and the visuals, congrats on your release.

1 Like

Thank you :grinning:

Yes I was considering that, but you know how some games like quizup have fake profiles which they use in case there are no matches so it seems to the player that they’re playing with a real person. I would like to do something like that if possible.

Yes, I hear you.
But you could do that with an ordinary offline game, nobody has to know… :wink:

It’s as if your phone is the bot…

Hmm… :smirk: that could work.

I’ll have to find a way to implement that with appwarp or GPG whichever I use.

Congrats on the release of your first game with cocos2d-x ! :blush:
I will download this tomorrow, try it and give you a little feedback! :sunny:

1 Like