Multi-resolution code in the default template

I mean it works correctly, but in some cases the resources will be scaled up.
eg if screen size is 1920x1440.

In fact, any criticism is welcome.

I will take a look.

Can you please also take a look at SBX? :slight_smile:
It supports any resolution and developing multi resolution games is so simple with it, also it WYSYWYG, so you can check any resolution support in no time by quickly switching between them.

Can you please explain, what SBX will show in the orange area of the iPhone X for your game? And please create a landscape version of it, because most of the AAA game will be in this mode.

It’s iPhone X adaptation as per this requirement Designing for iPhone X in that areas you should have not UI, but game scene.

It’s not matter what portrait or landscape. Resolution system in SBX and it’s loader works the same for any resolution. You can design and see what you will get. If you interested you need to try it. I will not create landscape version. I’m working on SBX and my game every days, so time is money :slight_smile:

Cocos Creator has a similar functional.

So use it.

I just don’t understand why you want to @slackmoehrle look at it when the team has their own product with similar functional.

I remind you.

Sorry. I for some reason thought there was a GitHub conversation going on about this and I didn’t need to be in the loop any longer. There have been so many resolution questions and iPhone X safe area questions that I thought it was already in the right hands.

I created an issue on github after I despaired of receiving a response from you. :slight_smile:

Thank you. I appreciate you creating it.

I think that it will be ignored the same way. So I’ll just close the issue after a while, the github already has more than enough open requests.
Why did I decide that this is interesting to someone… Nevermind. Just forget it.

Don’t close it. That doesn’t help us at all, nor can I get others to help. My thank you wasn’t hollow.

I mean, I do not want it to be another unnecessary issue. If no one is interested, then I was wrong when I created the issue.
Especially since I was going to help minggo to close incorrect or outdated issues.
It will be somehow wrong if I ask to close other issues, but will keep my own.

It isn’t unnecessary but both the Cocos2d-x and Creator engineering teams are trying to put out the next releases. I will draw attention to this issue again.

1 Like

OK. Thank you!

What is SBX?

Try to search sbx using forum search.