Multi-project setup v. 2.2.2

I’m a little puzzled by the multi project creator script behavior ($COCOS2D-X_HOME/tools/project-creator/create_project.py).
When creating a new project, a significant (perhaps the entire) part of the $COCOS2D-X_HOME folder is copied into the newly minted project folder.

However, I’d prefer a single instance of Cocos2d-x which I could link in, so that I have only one source base to keep up to date with github. Isn’t this in a sense best practice? I’m guessing things are done this way for a good reason, which leads me to the real question:

Is there a script or similar which will update the copy of cocos2d-x in the project folder, so as to easily keep up to date with the origin repository? Thanks! :slight_smile:

So, in case anyone else is wondering, I decide to go for linking in from a single repository.

For the Xcode users out there, replace the iOS subproject provided by the setup script with the subproject $COCOS2D-X_HOME/build/cocos2d_libs.xcodeproj. Remember to add the iOS targets to the “Target Dependencies” in the build phases settings, and link the desired libraries in the “Link Binary With Libraries” build phase. See https://www.cocoanetics.com/2011/12/sub-projects-in-xcode/ for details.