Missing Android MIPS prebuilt libraries in 2.1.2

Hello,

Great work on a new release, however I notice that the prebuilt libraries for curl, tiff, jpeg, png, webp and xml2 do not include MIPS. I know people can go an build themselves, but I think it would be much easier if they were included.

Andargor theWise wrote:

Hello,
>
Great work on a new release, however I notice that the prebuilt libraries for curl, tiff, jpeg, png, webp and xml2 do not include MIPS. I know people can go an build themselves, but I think it would be much easier if they were included.

I forgot, the only step that I think would need to be included when you build the prebuilt is add this to the NDK command line: APP_ABI=all

I agree this would be a nice addition for Android developers.
MIPS is not so widespread, but it’s an interesting niche.

I would be interested also in knowing the build process to rebuild the prebuilt stuff (precise version used, scripts, …).

Romain TISSERAND wrote:

I agree this would be a nice addition for Android developers.
MIPS is not so widespread, but it’s an interesting niche.
>
I would be interested also in knowing the build process to rebuild the prebuilt stuff (precise version used, scripts, …).

Yes, it is for the sake of completeness, a published app should support all Android platforms. APP_ABI=all

I second this request. At the very least, if you can put the source code and Android make files for curl, tiff, jpeg, png, webp and xml2 onto github.com, in such a way that they work properly for x86, and armeabi platforms, the developer community will probably be helpful in making any further changes to add support for the mips platform.

I realize that the source code for curl, tiff, jpeg, png, webp, and xml2 are already scattered somewhere out on the Web, but after spending a couple hours trying to construct Android make files and trying to download them separately from various locations, it’s a fairly nontrivial task, especially, since I don’t know what the original compilation and linker flags were, for the versions that were already pre-built for cocos2d-x.

For the developer(s) who built the original prebuilt versions, this should be less than an hour’s work to place the corresponding source + Android mk files onto github.com.