Making a game GDPR compliant

Has anyone made their game GDPR compliant with Europe laws ? I know some ad networks have consent guides , but i was wondering for crashlytics is it mandatory to ask the user for consent to run crashlytics or can use it with out asking a user for consent ?

If you are collecting User Data (what you are doing with analytic APIs and Ads APIs) then you need to ask the user for consent.

It’s not enough the get the users consent… you need also a solid privacy policy that you need to present the user (link to your website).

You really need to read all this GDPR stuff for yourself. No one can tell how you have to do it the right way. For example analytic APIs are a bit complicated and you have to explicitly tell your customers that you are using these APIs in your Apps. Most guides are not enough… you have to make/combine your own adequate privacy policy. Check which external APIs you are using and write in your Privacy Policy that you are using these and link to their privacy policy websites etc.

2 Likes

Ok thanks for the info , i’ve been reading about GDPR alot today and starting to understand it more, would you happen to know why Crashlytics makes it optional for us to ask for consent if it is required by law ?

https://docs.fabric.io/apple/crashlytics/advanced-setup.html#enable-opt-in-reporting

I don’t used it. but perhaps because

1. not every region (non-european) needs it and
  2. maybe game developer want to implement their own dialog (and show their own privacy policy).
1 Like