Macos CocoStudio Animation Editor where is it?

I am expecting to see something like that:

Those buttons marked with rectangle 11 are missing.

I am not able to import an image and start to add bones: -

Maybe it is missing the animation editor - the skeletal animation editor?

I can’t see at version 1.0 neither at 2.0

I have checked on a windows 8 too, same issue.

It seems others has the same issue: CocosStudio 2.0 Animation Editor

I am total noob at Cocos, maybe I am doing completely wrong, pls help.

1 Like

2.0 version is still in beta, not really recommended for production use. the tutorials are all based on 1.6 version which is windows only. :frowning:

I just want to make a little, simple 2D skeletal animation with allows me to read the part of the slices from a png file and make my skeleton and move some bones: Head, neck, torso, legs arms, maybe somo other objects, like gun, or other items in hand.
The Editor should allow shape transforms and should has Inverse Kinematics and it generates and Android NDK, C code which plays it in OpenGL, maybe iPhone support, but can’t find any, and searching webpages watching tutorials like 4 or 6 th week.

Spine is to expensive for me with they 230+ usd and must use they runner, doesn’t generate runnable, native code.
Spriter has other issue.
Sprite Builder for Android is in Beta and it will not be free.
I was hooping on this, integrated with Cocos 2D-x, but no luck.

I don’t have the knowledge (yet) how to write a good skeletal animation runner code, for OpenGL - for 2D canvas maybe I could… if I would write the editor.

I would be very happy if I would find the a simple editor, but it seems the best option it is to learn the Blender and make there 2D objects, paint they texture, make animation: run, shot, jump, die, export to some binary format and write a parser , a C code generator for that, but that has a huge learning curve and lot of work.

Unity for 4500 usd it isn’t reasonable for me: pro+android+ios, neither pro+android for 3000 usd and aI don’t want they splash screen

Any idea? - maybe I missed something? - a library, a framework?

If you have windows, you can try
Cocos Studio 1.6, have skeleton animation that works
http://www.cocos2d-x.org/filedown/CocosStudio_v1.6.0.0.exe

And you can find the code to load and playback the animation in one of the test case in cocos2d

1 Like

Thanks.
I am thinking how really open source it is, since the Animation editor is removed from CocoStudio and the Cocos2D-X website point to Spine, which do the same, but for payment…

http://www.cocos2d-x.org/wiki/CocoStudio#The-Animation-editor
http://www.cocos2d-x.org/wiki/Cocos2d-x

Animation Editors
Spine for flipbook and skeleton animations

Maybe tomorrow the Spine will ask for 1500 usd too, and why not?! - since a whole community is redirected there.

If you don’t have windows you can get a 30 day trial of VMWare Fusion and a 90 day trial of Windows 8.1 Enterprise.

can i ask a favor. Do you have v1.6 for mac?

I think the Mac OS version started at 2.0 and never had the animation editor.

The animation editor has released in the latest version.